Zombie Spawnrates are the chance that a particular zombie will spawn. For the most part, Zombie Spawnrates variate as the round goes on. The graph below depicts this:
The y-axis is the % chance that the particular zombie will spawn and the x-axis is the round progression in seconds (eg 14s is 14 seconds).
- Stalkers have a 0% chance to spawn naturally. They can only be bought.
- The Beast had an unknown spawnrate.
- X-Mas Costumes 2017 had 10% spawnrate of all zombies.
- Halloween Costumes 2018 had a 10% spawnrate of all special zombies, if you didn't own the costume.
- X-Mas Costumes 2018 (Normal Zombies) had a 10% spawnrates of all Normal Zombies.
- Beginners servers do not change in spawnrate; they remain the same from the initial spawnrate.
- Brutes have a 0% chance of spawning if the server has a brute limit and there is a Brute currently alive.
- If not killed naturally (by a survivor with the "Killed By" box appearing) or if you reset, you have a 100% chance of spawning as a Normal Zombie.
- Rapid Infection has a 100% chance of Normal Zombies.
- Idle Zombies spawning have a 100% chance of Normal Zombies.
- Zombie purchases in the In-Game Store have a 100% chance of spawning for that particular zombie.
- The following maps have zombie restrictions which all affect zombie spawnrates:
- The 14 seconds it takes for each Normal Zombie point to drop is consistent and is not affected if no zombies spawn during those 14 seconds.
- Past 280 seconds, there is no change in the spawnrates of zombies.
- Prior to v1.1.9, zombie spawnrates were the same throughout the whole round.
- Prior to v1.1.4, Stalkers were naturally spawning and had the same spawnrate as Elementals.
- After v0.6.6, there was a three Leaper limit across all servers but this was removed at an unknown time.
- Prior to v0.6.6, the Leaper spawnrate was far more common, similar to that of a Ticker.
- Prior to v1.3.7, Swarmers could not spawn naturally.