The Vortex Viper 30mm allows for precise shots at a long range at the cost of being (mostly) terrible for close ranged combat. It also grants a large amount of range and accuracy.
The Vortex Viper was originally created for recreational hunting alongside the Remington 700.
Unsurprisingly, it's also quite good for hunting zombies. To give their Remington an extra boost, L-Brain Sidework started mass producing these for survivors to use.
As production was cheap, R-Brain Hardwork started selling this for the SCAR-H. Due to the mass demand for this scope, the cost was increased to further increase profits. This, unfortunately, had a profound effect on the Remington 700 scope sales.
- This scope is helpful to see mobs that are further away.
- As such, this can be useful in scouting out mobs from a distance.
- If you plan on scoping with this, remember to zoom out once in a while to get an understanding of your surrondings.
- It's highly recommended to scope for long-range only, as close range will easily get you killed by mobs.
- The Vortex pairs well with the SCAR-H, even at close range, due to accuracy bonus that is supplied with it.
- The Vortex also eliminates any recoil for the SCAR-H while scoping.
- Accuracy increased from +25 to +75.
- Changed from CSG to mesh.
- Skin Support added.
- Accuracy decreased from +75 to +50.
- Price increased from 1,400$ to 9,600$.
- This is currently the oldest available scope in R2DA.
- The oldest scope, even if it is a holographic scope, was the XPS3-2.
- When the Remington 700 became meshed, the Vortex also changed its appearance to go along with it.
- The Remington 700 Vortex will have a price reduction in the future.
- However, this was stated by PlaceRebuilder in 2018, so it is unlikely that this will ever occur.
- This gives the same additional stats as the Leupold Mark 4.