The Toy Bow is like a normal bow, but instead of using lethal projectiles, you use plungers. These plungers are special and if any mob is hit by them, they are tripped. Landing these shots are quite difficult, however, so take your pick. The Toy Bow alone isn't reliable enough to kill enemies to the point where it doesn't kill Normal Zombies with all shots.
To increase profits, Hellish Night decided to broaden their horizons. Instead of focusing exclusively on seasonal weapons, plans were made to also produce not-so-seasonal weapons.
Manufacturing a bow was their first choice. However, creating a bow is expensive, so materials were swapped out for the cost-efficient choice, that being plastic. Mass-producing arrows was also expensive and the best alternative that was chosen were plungers.
In the end, this product was still technically a bow. You can't sue because of a technicality, so Hellish Night was free to market this as a bonafide bow.
Gotta make it kid friendly right?
- To shoot an arrow, you have to hold down LMB.
- This means that there's a delay of about 1 second between shots.
- You cannot get any extra arrows through magazine giving armors, such as the Tactical I.
- Even with the weak damage the Toy Bow does, the plungers that are fired trip mobs.
- This can be useful in Free For All as, with a good shot, it will completely render adversaries vulnerable.
- This is not useful for tripping a Brute or Champions as they have trip Immunity.
- However, in Single Player, this can be useful against AI Brutes as they can be tripped by the Toy Bow.
- This small perk can also be useful to use during Rapid Infection, as you don't have to expend your energy attempting to trip zombies with melee.
- Do not spam this. With ammunition low, you can easily chew through Ammo Stations.
- You aren't shooting bullets, you're shooting arrows.
- With every shot, you have to factor in gravity and therefore have to shoot in an arc.
- You can compare this to using the M202, which also fires using an arc.
- You can use this on the generators in Sewers.
- Low Reserve Ammo
- Low Range
- Low DPS
- Low Damage
- Low Total Damage
- Low Damage per "Magazine"
- Low Rate of Fire
- Firing Arc
- No Attachments
- Delay Before Attack
- This is presumably based on the Toy Sword and the Crossbow from R2D 2014.
- This is the first ranged weapon to be based on a bow.
- This is the first ranged weapon to purposely trip other players/zombies.
- The Toy Bow does not make any sounds when reloading next to Ammo Stations.
- Prior to v1.1.7, this had a 1% spawnrate in the Regular Chests in Chronos Quest.
- This was the first ever event weapon to have a skin