The skin is a mix between the Golden and Vengeance skins. The grip is scarlet red. The bolt, receiver and iron sight have a finished black appearance with glossy gold trimming. The trigger itself is all glossy gold. On the barrel is the text "The Red Baron" written in cursive gold.
- The Red Baron skin is heavily based off the Red Baron's P08 from Battlefield 1's Red Baron Pack.
- The Battlefield 1 version of the Red Baron P08 however has more details and features not seen on the R2DA version.
- Some examples: Enhanced Details, the "The Red Baron" text in a more cursive font as well as in German and many more.
- The namesake of this skin is based on the German Pilot Manfred Von Richthofen. He was the top Flying Ace of World War I and was given the nickname "The Red Baron" for flying planes that were painted all red.
- Such planes include the famed Fokker Dr. I Triplane and the Albatross D.Va Biplane.
- He shot down 80 planes during World War I before being shot down himself by Australian Ground Gunners on April 21st, 1918.
- While 80 is the confirmed number, there is a lot of speculation he has as many as 100 kills, many of which are unconfirmed.
- The original thread for the skin suggestion can be seen here.