Overall, a very good weapon for free. Great range and accuracy, three shots to the body and two shots to the head to take down a un-upgraded Normal Zombie, and lots of ammo.
Although you may be tempted to stop using it after you get more expensive weapons, the Steyr M, which stands for Steyr-Mannlicher, can remain a usable weapon no matter what. The one thing you should be wary of is to not be too trigger-happy. Conserving ammo is always important and, due to its high firerate, you may want to so so.
After the acts of espionage revolving the Glock 26, L-Brain Sidework was forced to create a new firearm to replace the former with. Scouts for the company had to work quickly, as a weapon free of shipping was needed for survivors new to the apocalypse. They came back with a multitude of blueprints for pistols, some of them not even having good schematics. Eventually, after testing every single weapon they could make out of the blueprints, the Steyr M was chosen as the best fit and put to mass production immediately.
Some people still wonder why they couldn't just make another SMG.
- Crouching and ADS'ing with this can enable it to be used at its full range, essentially making a pocket sniper.
- Be careful though. The Steyr M's accuracy may let you down when using it at the limits of its range.
- While shooting this repeatedly won't decrease the accuracy (unlike most other guns), this will quickly deplete your ammunition. Try to conserve ammo.
- If you only have this weapon on hand, it is best to stun mobs first and fire onto their heads in order to conserve ammo.
- Magazine giving armors, such as the Tactical I can be useful because it grants the Steyr M extra ammo while you work on getting a Primary.
- You can use the Double Equip system to bring a secondary with you, as opposed to a costly primary.
- Punching and Kicking then using the Steyr M is an effective way to kill zombies.
- Master this technique to make full use of this gun.
- The Steyr M is good for bosses because of high DPS, ammunition and total damage.
- The Faster Reload attachments aren't really necessary for this gun.
- The Steyr M has one of the fastest reload times in the game, even without the attachment.
- Buying the 100% Faster Reloading attachment will make you reload the Steyr M in under a second.
- This may be useful when you have the money to splash out on it. However, it is generally better to save up for a better primary.
- High Total Damage
- Quick Reload
- Low Ranked
- Reloading sounds added.
- Firing sounds changed.
- Animations changed.
- Equip animations added.
- Accuracy changed from 70 to 85.
- Accuracy doesn't decrease as you shoot multiple shots.
- This is the fourth mesh-based gun to be added to R2DA.
- According to PlaceRebuilder, the Glock 26 had to be removed due to Glock themselves requesting their products to be removed completely from ROBLOX games.
- Even then, the only real difference between these two guns at release is the aesthetics.
- The in-game Steyr M model is most likely the M40/M357 variant due to the 12-round mag.
- The Steyr M was the first ranged weapon to have an equip sound.
- The second is the Winchester.
- A variant exists, the Newbie, which uses the Steyr M model.
- The Steyr M has the same RPM as the M1A1 Thompson.
- Steyr M features a real calibre that isnt a simple cylinder when ejecting.