A classic World War era German grenade that explodes on impact and has an extra long throwing range of 120 studs instead of the normal 90.
Useful in situations where you want a quick trigger upon impact.
Some like to compare the era of the SANI virus to days long past - where many died at the hands of other humans. Though the difference between zombies killing people and people killing people is obvious, when you think about it, the former is far more frightening. Still, thousands of thousands of people suffered through times in the World Wars.
Now, R-Brain Hardwork had indeed taken inspiration from weapons, from decades ago, to produce - take the Thompson, for example. When going through their dusty history books, recovered from various libraries, they stumbled upon the schematics for a peculiar, decade-old, yet powerful weapon. A Steil Grenade.
Less safe than a military standard M67 Grenade of today and just as powerful. A unique, odd-looking weapon and one made with precise imperial engineering.
- The Steil Grenade is even more unstable and lethal than the Grenade due to its explosion by direct contact.
- Throw it far away from your position to avoid death from the explosion.
- Keep in mind, this may be easier to use for beginners as it explodes immediately on impact, unlike the Grenade.
- Do not throw this explosive into confined spaces, the projectile may hit a wall and kill you.
- Outside and wide spaces are the most appropriate places.
- As the blast radius of the Steil Grenade is very close to half that of the Grenade, it should be used in more of an aggressive way, such as weakening enemies.
- Note that the Steil Grenade will not explode if you hold it for too long, unlike the Grenade.
- Unequipping this, while preparing to throw, will allow you to put it back in your inventory.
- Droppable upon death in v1.0.8.
- The mesh is the German Stielhandgranate, which was in common use by the German Army during both World Wars.
- The term Stielhandgranate is a German translation for "Stalk hand grenade".
- The name Steil Grenade is likely an intentional typo.
- On the head of the grenade, there is text that reads "Vor gebrauch sprengkapsel einsetzen". In English, this means "Before use, insert detonator".
- Under this text is another text that reads "SK. DO 11.12". It is currently unknown what this means, though it could refer to where it was manufactured, when it was manufactured or is simply just an Easter egg.