Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
Steil-Mate is a PlaceRebuilder exclusive gamemode that was only ever played on jopede's VIP Server during v1.2.8b. It was only playable on the winter version of 1930's Kingstreet and Blackfield Station.
The objective of the game is similar to that of Free For All. Players would, instead of using guns, throw Steil Grenades at each other. However, if you have more than 4 Steil Grenades (through automatic spawning), you would be killed by the game.
- You get a Steil Grenade every 5 seconds.
- All In-Game Store items are banned in this gamemode.
- Bringing any Weapons or Items from the store will get you killed when you spawn.
- If you have 3 Steils, you need to throw one to avoid getting killed.
- Having 4 Steils will mean you get automatically killed by the game.
- You cannot pick up dropped Steil Grenades unless you have none in your inventory.
- Players start with 250/260 health, which can be increased with Armors.
- First exclusive gamemode that only PlaceRebuilder can vote in R2DA.
- A similar gamemode existed in R2D 2014, The Mad Murderer.
- Steil-Mate wasn't voted as such, it was scripted into the Free For All code, with Steil-Mate replacing the normal Team Deathmatch gamemode.
- Steil-Mate therefore existed on all maps that had Free For All prior to v1.2.8b, but the maps listed here are the only ones where the gamemode was actually played on.
- This is the only footage of this gamemode.