Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
The Skullguard is a big, not so friendly giant. It is a giant skeleton which is wielding a typical steel sword and wears a gladiator helmet.
From its apparel just know Skullguards know how to use a sword, so good luck!
After his relatively poor experience with the Boos, Lord Pumpkin Jr. decided to dabble in some necromancy to create his own, actually reliable minion and he succeeded, summoning Skullguards to his aid, which are giant hulking skeletons guarding the portal to his dimension.
- They can gain a sudden boost in movement speed, which is indicated by flashing red eyes.
- They are fast, so try sprinting when one is chasing you.
- They can harm you, as well as stun you, leaving you vulnerable to zombies.
- The stun is the more dangerous of the two as it can push you into lava or leave you for dead.
- Note that the Halloween Quest version does not deal any damage.
- It is best to keep your distance from them, as they can catch you off guard, making you an easy target for hordes.
- Somehow, they can be attracted to Pipebombs and Clockbombs. Use them to gain time to run away
- Try to avoid the edge, as you can easily fall in the lava. Once the Skullguards die in the lava, its game over.
- You only have to worry about the latter for Halloween Quest.
- You can use a Fire Extinguisher to push the Skullguards, though it won't trip them.
- Skullguards run away from the Phial of Galadriel, so equip one if you can.
- Skullguards are immune to freeze effects. Try not to use such weapons such as the Ice Gun.
- Skullguards can be pushed into the lava in Halloween Quest, killing them, but leaving the Key out of reach.
- Skullguards are the first mob to have a weapon trail.