The Skorpion (specifically the Škorpion vz. 61) is a machine pistol that does a hefty amount of damage, but chews through ammo extremely quickly. It's very inaccurate, and has a huge amount of spread. Using its burst or semi-auto firing modes at every range except for close is probably your best bet. Although you can fully unload and usually get one or two zombie kills, conserving your ammo is key with this weapon.
The first submachine gun in the history of the SANI Virus. During the early stages of the outbreak, new recruits would always use the Uzi as a cheap, decent weapon. After the fall of the infection, the Uzi was now weak to the new zombies of the SANI Virus, so L-Brain Sidework quickly created the Skorpion. With massive spread but high fire rate, most didn't appreciate it. Many survivors detest this weapon, but it was one of the many weapons needed to combat the new apocalypse.
- It is best to get as many headshots on zombies with this, since it can lead to instakills.
- Because of it's absurd rate of fire, running out of ammo is unbearably common. Bringing the Bulldozer I armor is recommended.
- After the rework of accuracy, it is advised to use this in close quarter combat while full auto, as it has fairly low accuracy.
- Don't go all trigger happy rainbow funtime on this. Conserve ammo and only fire when you are sure you can kill a zombie.
- Using the semi-auto firing mode can help this.
- Buying the Lazex and Fenix attachments are not recommended, as they're currently useless.
- Shoot the gun in small bursts or using semi-auto mode is reccomended for conserving ammo.
- The second submachine gun to be added after the MP5 in the demo.
- The second mesh-based gun to be ever added in R2DA.
- It has two firing modes: semi and auto.
- The accuracy is increased if toggled on semi-firing mode.
- The Skorpion used to have a burst firing mode, but it was removed.
- It has the same fire-rate as the Minigun.
- The first permanent mesh gun to be added to R2DA.
- This gun has a theoretical DPS of 575 but it's magazine is 10 bullets short to support this DPS.
- Previously, you had to own a M93R to buy a Skorpion.
- This has the lowest damage per bullet out of any gun in the game (The next lowest per bullet is the Wingmaster, at 26)
- It's bullet damage was even worse before v0.9.4, with a bullet damage of 20.
- The 1st weapon to only have a single skin, besides melee weapons and the FATAL5.
- At first launch, the Skorpion costed 14,000$.
- The Skorpion, in real life, actually has 20 round magazine instead of the 15 seen in-game.
Comparison to M93R
- Can fire fully-auto, However: Don't go all trigger happy rainbow funtime on this. Conserve ammo and only fire when you are sure you can kill a zombie.
- Nearly 3x DPS
- Longer Range [with Shoulderpad]
- More Ammo [15/3 vs 12/2]
- Doesn't have a firing cooldown thing, unlike M93R.
- Same Range [without Shoulderpad]
- Less Accurate [65 (85 with K5 Silcencer) vs 50]
- Eats Ammo Easily.
- Higher Rank [Rank 1 vs Rank 7]
- More Expensive [2,500$ vs 9,500$]