The Skorpion (specifically the Škorpion vz. 61) is a Czechoslovakian machine pistol that does a hefty amount of damage but chews through ammo extremely quickly. It's very inaccurate and has a huge amount of spread. Using the semi-auto mode at close range is probably your best bet. Although you can fully unload and usually get one or two zombie kills, conserving your ammo is key with this weapon.
The Skorpion machine pistols are often regarded to be one of the worst weapons to ever use in a zombie apocalypse - unless you're talking about the M93R, that is.
When L-Brain Sidework began manufacturing these, executive meddling managed to get the process of building these guns to be much cheaper, at the expense of performance. Considering the shadiness of the current weapon manufacturers, one can assume why on Earth would they decide to make stupid decisions like these just to save money, considering that they already make what is probably MILLIONS on selling ammunition, consumable foods, medical items and an assortment of other... "questionable" services. One Russian company almost sued them over the copying of the Skorpion, Kalashnikova and the AK-47, but they decided they had other things to do.
- It's best to get as many headshots on zombies with this since it can lead to quick kills.
- After the rework of this gun's accuracy, it's advised to use this in close-quarter combat while full auto, as it has fairly low accuracy.
- Because of its absurd rate of fire, running out of ammo is unbearably common. Bringing vests that increase ammo, like the Bulldozer I or Tactical II, is recommended.
- Don't go all trigger happy while using this. Conserve ammo and only fire when you are sure you can kill a zombie.
- Using the semi-auto firing mode can help this (press "V").
- Shooting the gun in small bursts or using semi-auto mode is recommended for conserving ammo.
- The accuracy is increased if toggled on semi-firing mode.
- You may want to deal with Normal Zombies using your secondary and save this for special zombies.
- Buy the attachments to further increase range and accuracy.
- This is very effective in killing Tickers, Elementals and Stalkers in one mag, just be sure you ADS so you can hit them more often.
- As always, crouching and ADS will help with the accuracy a lot.
- High DPS
- High Reserve Ammo
- High Rate of Fire
- Low Ranked
- Low Damage
- Low Range
- Price changed from 14,000$ to 9,500$.
- Accuracy changed from 70 to 50.
- Price changed from 9,500$ to 7,500$.
- Rank changed from 7 to 4.
- Damage changed from 20 to 23.
- Damage changed from 23 to 25.
- Ammo changed from 15/3 to 20/3.
- Accuracy changed from 50 to 40.
- Accuracy changed from 40 to 50.
- The second machine pistol, first being the M93R.
- The second mesh-based gun to be ever added in R2DA, first being the Bazooka.
- The first permanent mesh gun to be added to R2DA.
- This was the first custom-made meshed gun in R2DA or the R2D series.
- It was meant to be CSG until custom meshes came, so the Skorpion became meshed.
- If CSG weapons were still being used, the Skorpion's model would have been created by Zevei.
- The Skorpion used to hold the place of having the lowest amount of damage with 20 then 23.
- At v0.9.7, this was bested by the Spas-12 with a lowered damage of now 22.
- The first weapon with 1500 RPM, the second being the Minigun.
- Previously, you had to own an M93R to buy a Skorpion.
- The Skorpion model can be found here.