The Shotty 12 is a basic short-ranged shotgun that packs a huge punch. As such, it is to be feared at close range but due to its not so good range and accuracy, it's to be made fun of at medium range.
Shotguns are simple weapons. This one is no exception.
The power of shotguns to decimate the undead is something all survivors appreciate. No other gun has the aptitude for such close-range destruction and all shotguns are reliable for veterans and beginners alike.
The Shotty-12 adds much-needed versatility to the survivor's arsenal of these shell-firing behemoths, making it slightly different from its brethren in that it has far less weight and size. R-Brain Hardwork does like the motto of "If it's not broken, don't fix it".
- It's good to get up close and personal with this weapon, as its accuracy is abysmal and its range is not much better.
- If you prefer a safer distance at which to fight a horde, this gun isn't for you.
- Due to short range and poor accuracy, use a reliable long-range secondary, such as the Luger P08 or the Peacemaker.
- This shotgun is great at close range, decent at mid-range, and essentially unusable at long range.
- The Shotty 12 can one shot every type of zombie (except the Brute and Champions) if all pellets connect, even with body shots.
- You cannot ADS with this as it is hipfire only.
- If you want better accuracy, try crouching to compensate.
- If you like to bring shotguns to Bosses, use this gun as it does the most total damage for all shotguns.
- Be warned, the range may hinder the use of this.
- This is one of the best shotguns in Free For All due to the high damage.
- Armors that give ammo will give three times as much as normal. For example, the Tactical I will supply 3 extra shells.
- This has no shooting cooldown when reloading from an Ammo Station.
- Use this to your advantage to minimise downtime in Boss rounds.
- High DPS
- Quick Reload
- Very High Damage
- Very High Total Damage
- No Attachments
- Low Accuracy
- Short Range
- Accuracy changed from 8 to 18.
- Rank changed from 14 to 18.
- This looks somewhat similar to the Wingmaster 870 but shortened and equipped with a Silverback skin.
- You can imagine this as the reincarnation of the Shotgun from R2D 2014.
- Modelled after a Serbu Super-Shorty with a Remington 870 receiver.
- The Shotty 12 has the second highest theoretical damage per shot in the game, at 360, and is only beaten by the RPG.
- This has its own running animation, the first primary to have one.
- Its appearance is very similar from Team Fortress 2 where the Heavy, Soldier, Pyro and Engineer all have a default shotgun with a shortened barrel and no stock that is fired from the torso.
- The first ever in-game picture of the Shotty 12 was a Tweet from PlaceRebuilder with scott1333 saying "pew pew" in King Cherrycake's Quest.