You can find Settings in practically every single video game; these are preferences that allow the players to tweak minor variables to make gameplay more enjoyable than it was before.
This section gives players the ability to modify minor things about control. There are six options.
- Mouse Speed
Change sensitivity on the movement of the cursor. Ranges from 0% to 200%, default is 100%.
- Launch Guide
Adds a projectile prediction trial, when turned on, before throwing throwable items.
Turned on by default.
- Mac Mouse
Adapt the game to Mac Mouse users.
If a player activates this without a Mac Mouse, the only noticeable change will be that ADS'ing will also be done by pressing Q. Other effects are unknown.
Turned off by default.
- Mac CapsLock
Instead of holding CapsLock to block (does not work for Mac users), enabling this means that you tap to start blocking and re-tap to stop blocking.
Turned off by default, can be enabled mid-game by double tapping CapsLock.
Allows you to change the aiming cursor.
There are four cursor styles at the moment:
- R2DA - a cross shape, with a small dot surrounded by four bars. This is chosen as the default.
- Bit Aim - a square shape, consisting of 4 rounded corners and a dot in the middle.
- Classic - a circle shape, with a point in the middle surrounded by a ring. This is the default ROBLOX crosshair.
- Trinity - a triangle shape, consisting of three thin white lines that surround the centre.
- Haptic Feedback (GamePads only)
Enabling this means that the controller will vibrate when you shoot a weapon, kill someone or be killed as a survivor.
- Inverted Camera (GamePads only)
Inverts camera controls.
This section allows you to configure different audio sources. There are three options.
Allows you to deactivate or reactivate the music in-game.
There's a hotkey on the bar on the bottom of the screen in-case you need it on the fly.
- Menu Mute
Allows you to deactivate or reactivate the main menu music.
Mute must be off for this option to be available as it would be quite redundant.
- Theme Music
Allows you to change the music track used in the main menu. (Halloween is disabled.)
- R2DA - a track with a more epic feel. This is the only one you can choose.
- R2DA Classic - a track used during DEMO. It has a lighthearted tone to it.
- Christmas - a rather jolly tune.
- Halloween - a rather spooky tune.
When other settings don't fit in with other settings, this is the section for them. There are thirteen options.
- Damage Popups
If your graphic setting is higher than 3, the amount of damage you deal and receive is emitted from respective bodies.
Turned on by default.
- Damage Direction
Shows where you were damaged from in a bow.
Turned on by default.
- Translucent Arms
Makes the player's arms translucent.
This allows players with a bulky ROBLOX package to see their weapon in First Person.
- Mini Healthbars
Reduces the size of other players' life bars.
This is useful if the player has a small screen resolution or just wants less visual clutter.
- Cinematic Tags
Disables healthbars while in cinematic mode.
This is a quick run-through on how R2DA works. This is enabled by default.
When activated, relevant messages will pop up on the player's screen depending on what the player does.
- Blood FX
If activated, blood particles in the shape of blocks will spill out if a humanoid dies.
- Modcall Notification (Moderator+ only)
If enabled, a notification will appear when a Modcall is sent.
You can turn it off if you want to avoid distractions.
When activated, the player will automatically join any random Party.
If no party is created, a new one will be created with a title automatically generated.
- Fancy Bullet
When activated, this makes the bullet has the orange, ROBLOX-standard, trail making it look more realisitic.
Doesn't work with Low Graphics or Laser Bullets.
When activated, the player will automatically join the game at the beginning of a round.
If the subscribe button is enabled in the Shop, it is recommended that you disable this setting if you are AFK to avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Show Reload
This shows you all the Ammo Stations on the map and their vague direction when you have run out of ammo.
Tutorial must be off for this option to be available as it would be quite redundant.
- High FPS Camera
When turned on, your first person camera sits on top of your head rather than the center of your head.
See here for more information.
- During Pre-Demo, there were no Settings at all.
- During the DEMO, the only option that was available was enabling or disabling Mac Mouse.
- Titles created by the Auto-Party function were made by PlaceRebuilder.
- Originally, "3D Store" was also a Setting, but was removed when the new Store GUI was implemented.
- As of v1.0.2, the Smooth Mouse option has been removed.
- Show Reload is also part of the Tutorial option but has been since split apart in v1.0.1 for convenience.
- Slow Mouse was an option before v1.0.7, before being replaced by Mouse Speed.
- The Language option was added in v1.1.6 and removed in v1.3.1 after you could automatically select language on the ROBLOX website.
- Currently, the game only supports English and Spanish.