This weapon is great for picking off zombies at long ranges, but you have to be careful when using this at a mid or close range. It's very hard to deal with bunny hopping zombies, so it's best to generally avoid close quarters. Bringing a reliable secondary to deal with zombies at close range is recommended. It's high ammo pool and decent firerate makes it a formidable foe in gamemodes such as Free For All.
This is a sniper, so headshots are a one shot on most zombies, so try to aim for those.
This bolt-action rifle was popular with many hunters before the SANI Virus took over. To avoid attacking zombies from only close range, some sharpshooting survivors began to equip this rifle to snipe down zombies with a single shot. The Remington 700 is favoured for its incredible accuracy, the damage of its high calibre, and nothing but a decent range and a satisfying firing sound.
The Remington 700 did receive multiple calibre changes throughout its lifetime. With the first calibre used being the 6.8mm, then the 30-06, and eventually the NATO standard 7.62x51mm bullet it now uses.
- Bringing a reliable secondary is a good idea. Virtually all secondaries couple well with the Remington, aside from the M202, which does not have enough ammo to act as a suitable backup weapon.
- The weapon struggles to combat large crowds as it has low magazine size and no hard impact.
- Make sure you can hit or kill a zombie with your shots. Try to make shots count to conserve ammo.
- The Remington 700 is able to one shot Edgars even without a headshot, so keep that in mind when using this.
- This can one shot normal zombies with Hard ammo.
- Using it to fight a Brute with full health isn't the best idea since you only have five shots per magazine, meaning people can steal the kill while you reload.
- However, in Beginners servers, this rule is irrelevant since Brutes only have 500 health, enough to kill a brute if all shots land (even without headshots).
- It is recommended to use first-person and ADS with this weapon.
- On Party Deathmatch, it can perform decently since players don't have any extra health.
- On Free For All, this weapon can be devastating due to its high damage output for its ammunition.
- Use armors such as the Tactical I to get large amounts of extra ammunition.
- High Damage
- High Range
- High Accuracy
- Low Ranked
- Low DPS
- Low Magazine Ammo
- Reloading sound and animations added.
- Range changed from 90 to 140.
- Range changed from 140 to 200.
- Price changed from 6,000$ to 4,500$.
- Changed from CSG to mesh.
- Accuracy changed from 100 to 200.
- Price changed from 4,500$ to 1,500$.
- Rank changed from 2 to 1.
- Damage changed from 90 to 140 except in Team Deathmatch.
- Damage nerf in Team Deathmatch nullified.
- Ammo changed from 1/12 to 5/2 in v1.3.1.
- Rate of Fire changed from ~1s to ~0.8s in v1.3.1.
- Animations changed.
- Damage changed from 140 to 105.
- The first sniper rifle to be ever added in R2DA.
- This is referred in-game as the "R700".
- The Dragunov and the AK-47 share the firing sound of this gun.
- One of the six weapons to be converted from CSG.
- An old Remington animation gif can be found here.