- "This is one of those weapons that any marksman hopes to get their hands on. Stunning damage with stunning precision, great for picking from a far; but risky, since you have only one shot for one head every few seconds. I wouldn't be using it if there's about ten zombies after me."
The Remington 700 is a primary weapon that is great for picking off zombies at long ranges, but you have to be careful when using this at a mid or close range. It's very hard to deal with bunny hopping zombies, so it's best to generally avoid close quarters. Bringing a reliable secondary to deal with zombies at close range is recommended. Its high ammo pool and decent firerate makes it a formidable foe in gamemodes such as Free For All.
This is a sniper, so headshots are a one-shot on most zombies, so try to aim for those.
This bolt-action rifle was popular with many hunters before the SANI Virus took over. To avoid attacking zombies from only close range, some sharpshooting survivors began to equip this rifle to snipe down zombies with a single shot. The Remington 700 is favoured for its incredible accuracy, the damage of its high calibre and nothing but a decent range and a satisfying firing sound.
Despite its good reliability, the Remington 700 initially faced major drawbacks when it was first released as it could only support a single bullet at a time, which had to be manually chambered and reloaded individually each time it was fired. Eventually, however, future modifications to the weapon allowed it to support the classic stripper-clip feed system and improve ammunition count.
The Remington 700 did receive multiple calibre changes throughout its lifetime. The first calibre used was the 6.8mm, then the 30-06 and eventually the NATO standard 7.62x51mm bullet is now used.
- Bringing a reliable secondary is a good idea. Virtually all secondaries couple well with the Remington, aside from the M202, X-Mas Launcher and RPG, which all do not have enough ammo to act as a suitable backup weapon.
- The weapon struggles to combat large crowds as it has low magazine size and no hard impact.
- Make sure you can hit or kill a zombie with your shots. Try to make shots count to conserve ammo.
- The Remington 700 is able to one shot Edgars and Leapers even without a headshot, so keep that in mind when using this.
- This can one shot normal zombies with Hard ammo.
- Using it to fight a Brute with full health isn't the best idea since you only have five shots per magazine, meaning people can steal the kill while you reload.
- When firing at enemies at long ranges, it is recommended to crouch or use first person and ADS with this weapon to improve accuracy.
- For closer enemies, use your melee or punch or kick the enemy.
- Using the Vortex 30mm Scope gives the Remington 700 even more accuracy.
- If you plan on using the Remington 700 long term, this is the attachment you should get.
- However, this is extremely expensive. It may be better to save for other weapons, such as the Dragunov, instead.
- Using the LP Hawkview grants night vision (when scoping in) and a small amount of accuracy.
- On Party Deathmatch, it can perform decently since players don't have any extra health.
- On Free For All, this weapon can be devastating due to its high damage output for its ammunition.
- Use armors such as the Tactical I to get large amounts of extra ammunition.
- High Damage
- High Range
- High Accuracy
- Low Ranked
- Low DPS
- Low Magazine Ammo
- Reloading sound and animations added.
- Range changed from 90 to 140.
- Range changed from 140 to 200.
- Price changed from 6,000$ to 4,500$.
- Changed from CSG to mesh.
- Accuracy changed from 100 to 200.
- Price changed from 4,500$ to 1,500$.
- Rank changed from 2 to 1.
- Damage changed from 90 to 140 except in Team Deathmatch.
- Damage nerf in Team Deathmatch nullified.
- Ammo changed from 1/12 to 5/2.
- Rate of Fire changed from ~1s to ~0.8s
- Animations changed.
- Price changed from 1,500$ to 2,450$.
- Damage changed from 140 to 105.
- Rank changed from 1 to 0.
- Hipfire accuracy decreased.
- Accuracy changed from 200 to 167.
- Range changed from 200 to 300.
- The Remington 700 was the first sniper rifle to be ever added to R2DA.
- This is referred in-game as the "R700".
- The Dragunov and the AK-47 share the firing sound of this gun.
- One of the six weapons to be converted from CSG.
- An old Remington 700 animation gif can be found here.
- The Remington 700 has the most changes and upgrades throughout the updates out of all the weapons in R2DA.