Portland is a remake of a Reason 2 Die map from 2014. This has been expanded and is more detailed. The map is symbolic of an abandoned town that was once thriving with life. The vehicles indicate that this map was perhaps a transport interchange place.
After their escape from Blackfield Station, survivors found themselves within the confines of a formerly dodgy downtown of Westfield Parish - Portland. Upon arrival, the veterans marvelled at how the all too familiar city seemed larger, but they quickly realised their memories were simply being distorted through a nostalgia-tinted lens. As they took in the sights of the city they thought they once knew, everything came rushing back: the skyline their mind had ignored, the rooftops where they fitfully rested for many days and many nights, the streets where the bodies of their comrades and enemies alike had once lain. The city was a rotted place that was a mental minefield for terrible memories.
Portland is a haunted city. A haunted city not filled with ghosts of people, but with the ghosts of memories that many wish they could forget. As the veterans shook their heads, readied their weapons, the growls began. Once, they would only come from in front, but as their foes evolved, so did their attacks. Above, below, in front. Their enemies had become more advanced, more powerful.
As the hordes began advancing towards them and the growls of the Brutes began, the group shared one last moment of contemplation as they wondered how they would survive this town once again.
A remake from the old R2D 2014 Portland map, many of the main structures have been remade, but the map overall has been expanded and has new sections the previous old 2014 map didn't have, such as the large highway bridges.
Players spawn in front of a tunnel, approaching the centre of the map. The road from the tunnel turns the the right after it passes two bridges, running close to the perimeter of a storage facility. It then turns left towards another tunnel. Directly right is an abandoned building, where the Helicopter lands. There is also a radio tower as well as a grassy field next to the road, with a pipeline running across it. Sewers also connect the underground of the city.
The two bridges run right across the map, from left to right. One of them ends early inside a building, where there's also an additional road below it. This road leads to the main hub of this map. There are many abandoned buildings, for what appears to be a mix of commercial and residential buildings. General city props are also scattered around the map, though many props give the impression that the city has been long abandoned.
- Stay on high ground as there are decently tall buildings and structures.
- Due to it being rather considerably large you should stick with a team so you don't get pinned down all alone.
- The Rocket Sleigh can be very useful in traversing the map.
- Diggers can dig here, but only in a select few spots.
- Edgars and Stalkers are by far the best mobs on the map due to their mobility.
- The Brute is considered quite weak due to the fact that it is quite slow.
- If you are struggling to see the map, press "X" to activate your flashlight.
- One can shoot through the fences in Portland, so it is not against the rules.
- Use this to your advantage when you hop over a fence to avoid a Leaper then shoot through the fence.
- The sewers and the bridge can provide a quick getaway if you find yourself in a problematic situation.
- This is a remake of the Reason 2 Die 2014 map of the same name.
- This is four times larger than the original and a lot more detailed.
- Portland used to have Vs. Environment but was removed, possibly due to the fact that Portland is too large for PlaceRebuilder to create nodes for AI Infecteds to follow.
- Quite a handful of easter eggs, see the gallery page for more information.
- Named in-game as Westbridge Parish, Portland.
- The Rescue timer on this map is 10 minutes. This makes playing a Rescue round for this map similar to a Survival round.
- There is currently a glitch that if you shoot at a specific part of the Highway Sign, they will bleed.
- Although not credited, GammaShock built portions of the map such as the large scale bridge and a few other areas.
- This map is in another ROBLOX game, Tower Defense Simulator, made by BelowNatural.
- In the original version of the map, there were a lot more cars, as shown in this picture.
- These cars were removed as they caused a lot of lag.