Papa Squid is an aquatic boss with great mobility. With the objective of defending his most precious treasure, Papa Squid manifests many attacks from a distance. He is also able to cover a good part of the battle arena with his long tentacles. Its many attacks offer a real challenge to survivors when it comes to facing it.
Papa Squid, once the leader of a relatively peaceful underwater town, resides in a very solitary part of the ocean with his followers after the recent destruction caused by climate change. Furthermore, he feared that humans would attempt to salvage his chest for the recently developed portable vehicle, the Jetski. He moved far away with his large chest which held the secrets of easy water travel. He knew that if survivors knew how to traverse through the waters easily, his relatively solitary lifestyle would be ruined. Only recently have survivors found this colossal beast, as well as learning the contents of the chest. They were getting greedy and desperate. Papa Squid was not under-prepared for this.
He grabbed his hunting trident, an anchor and mustered all of his followers that were determined enough to die for his cause. He was ready to put up a fight with the survivors. Little did he and his followers know, this charge was basically a suicide mission.
- 1,000 EXP
- The Key to open the Squid Chest which will contain:
- Regular Chests, which may contain:
- "Won R2DA Aquatic Event 2019" Badge (Only in Hard Mode).
- 200 Tickets where Papa Squid died.
- Jump constantly to have a better chance of avoiding most of his attacks.
- It is recommended to bring a long ranged weapon when fighting Papa Squid as the arena is very big.
- The P90 is a very good weapon for Papa Squid due to its high DPS and relatively long range.
- The M249 and Minigun, while useful DPS-wise, is not recommended due to mobility reduction.
- The Duck (Mount) can be useful in slowing falls down, avoiding Papa Squid's attacks.
- The Jetski is not useful here as it cannot move underwater.
- Using the Flakvest is good way to survive the Iron Rainfall and Abyssal Assault attack.
- Using the Jetpack can allow you to dodge attacks and recover from being knocked off the map.
- A good alternative, whenever knocked off the map, is the Rocket Sleigh, as you can use it to boost yourself back to the platform.
- You can jump in the air to escape the Iron Rainfall Attack.
- However, you are unable to double jump when he does this attack. The Duck Mount will come in handy in this situation.
- Don't get too close to Papa Squid as he is able to use his Wriggling Wrath and Grab Trap attack on you. This will potentially do a lot of damage or even kill you, if you are not prepared.
- Projectiles (such as the RPG, M202, Grenade, Molotov etc.) go up because they are in the water. You need to throw them just below where you want them to go.
- When Papa Squid sits on his chest, he will use the Iron Rainfall attack. Get onto pillars are continuously jump when he does so.
- The Harpoons are useful in preventing Papa Squid from moving. This is really helpful during the Prodigy of the Sea.
- This is the first boss to be based on an aquatic species.
- This is also the first boss that is able to swim.
- The boss model was commissioned by Rockynic.
- Based on the shape of Papa Squid, he resembles as an octopus more than a squid.
- Squids have more of a triangular/conic body than Papa Squid's spherical body, which is the body shape of an octopus.
- First boss with an anti-cheat system.
- Does not drop the rewards or Key if killed from a bug, hack or glitch.
- Inside Papa Squid's head is the sphere that allows him to move. If you kill Papa Squid, he may lose this, preventing him moving and causing him to ragdoll.
- This boss may be based off of a boss PlaceRebuilder created in the past called the Kraken.
- You can still find it today in PlaceRebuilder's models.