See Also : Zombie Leveling System
Walther's Notes - Pristine
DO NOT EDIT: This note was found inside a basement's drawer and in good condition. A rare artifact by Walther himself to have not been ruined through the course of time, kept safe by Daimon, his frenemy.
Can be seen and heard everywhere. Children raised by loving parents, now nothing but deranged killers. The government had already sealed up most of the first contaminated zones, but nobody were aware that everyone was already infected to begin with. I strongly believe the virus is nearly to completely undetected while you're still yourself, so no matter how you go down, you always come back to bring others with you. Nevertheless how many places the sun will never torch around the world, another springs to life in its own excruciating way.
Normal Zombies (also referred as Basic Zombie, Standard Zombie, Infected, or simply just Zombie) are the most common type of infected found in the game. The only attack it has is using its claws to inflict low damage, making it a rather underwhelming adversary in one on one combat.
However, caution must be taken when multiple common zombies group up, as one survivor can easily be killed by a horde of these creatures.
They are slightly faster than survivors, and on top of that can also sprint.
While they're easy to kill and easy to farm, the Zombie Leveling System can turn this basic mob into a force to be reckoned with.
Most survivors consider unmutated zombies – corpses reborn – to be weak. However, in the early days of the outbreak, hordes of these zombies took many lives, as unprepared survivors quickly fell to groups, filled with numbers that never seemed to thin.
About 50% of those who fall in battle become these monsters, who are emotionless, feel no pain (although fire causes a stinging sensation), and are shells of their former selves. Even if you think that you can get through to them, after all the years, everyone knows that there's no hope.
These zombies seem to be able to adapt to their surroundings slowly, increasing their lethality over long periods of time. It's theorized that specialized adaptation leads in the creation of other, more deadly types of infected.
|Basic Claw: A basic attack which has a base of 10 damage. Another point of damage is added on for every point invested into the Damage category. Consumes no energy.|
|Sprint: Temporarily increases your walkspeed to 30 regardless of your former speed. This skill is disabled if your Speed statistic exceeds 30. Consumes 20 energy per second.|
- Try not to use items or ammo on a single normal zombie. They're easily killed.
- Grouped up and combined with a Pipebomb however, is a good way to make some extra cash.
- Be wary of those who have beefed up zombies. It's hard to tell which ones are stronger than others.
- If you find a common that has strayed from the horde, just melee it for a swift kill.
- On Survival or Hard, keep these from dying too quickly or from damaging survivors.
- Zombies are weak when alone, but are strong in numbers. Be alert and prepared if there's an incoming horde.
- In times of laziness, the Idle system has your back.
- When in Idle mode, the AI allocates the skill points for you, though it will spend all your points on Speed if you don't react quick enough.
- Try to form a horde with other mobs to overwhelm players easily.
- Otherwise, trying to surprise attack a survivor that's alone is a good option.
- Use the Zombie Leveling System to bolster your zombie. It'll make you into a formidable foe.
- Be strategic. Consider the map and the survivors you're going up against.
- Being killed as a special mob will grant you experience, but don't throw away the chance to play as one.
- If you are killed and aren't revived through a Defibrillator, you can always Zombify.
- If you buy into a special mob in this state, your money will be wasted and you won't turn into it.
- Before v0.7.2, if a player Zombified themselves, the survivor that killed them would get 50$.
- If a Zombified player wears a Firevest, it appears green.
- Regardless of your body package, your body will be set to the default package every time you spawn as one.
- If you are using a body package and zombify yourself, you will still have your package until you die.
- In the early stages of R2DA's development, you were unable to play as your ROBLOX avatar.
- You could only play as zombies in clothes that were based on the overall theme of that particular map.
- Zombies used to only have 100 HP Pre-Demo.
- This is one of the four mobs that are compatible with Idle mode.
- Normal zombies spawn with one of three skin colours: pale, light green, or dark green, and wear this face.
- Zombified players have dark green skin regardless and wear this face.
- During Rapid Infection, you do not respawn, but Zombify where you die.
- If a Normal Zombie is currently taking damage from fire, its face will change.