Mercenary is one of the minor skin series in R2DA that can be found within a select few weapons. This can be obtained through the Premium Skincrate.
All of these skins have no design correlation to each other. Rather, they're all based on weapons from the VALVe game Team Fortress 2.
- The Mercenary are an obvious reference to the weapons featured in Team Fortress 2, namely the Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, the Soda Popper and Pistol.
- Despite the skin series being based off of weapons the Soldier can use, he cannot use the Pistol or in any of his loadouts.
- The Soda Popper is exclusive to the the Scout and the Pistol is a mostly all-class weapon.
- The Mercenary was made to memorialise Rick May (the voice actor of Soldier), who passed away on April 8, 2020, due to complications from COVID-19.
- Due to an error in the code, Mercenary was accidentally put into the normal Skincrate instead of a Premium Skincrate.
- This was fixed in v1.4.7.
- The Classic Baseball Bat skin is also a TF2 Reference, but it is listed as Classic for its relation to the original Reason 2 Die game.
|Wingmaster 870||RPG||Steyr M||DB Shotgun|