The M.S. Antares, or "Motorship Antares", is a cargo ship, heavily inspired by R2D's Platypus. The name originates from a real cargo ship.
"We should have never boarded that god-forsaken ship. It showed up, a light in the darkness, over the horizon, as we neared the coast. With our gas running out, we decided to get the truck on there and get out of dodge. That idiotic captain told us that it was safe, that no infected had got on, or even been near it ... Yeah, it seemed like he was telling the truth at first, but after an hour or two, someone noticed noises coming from the containers in the basement. We could have just waited it out until we got somewhere a little bit more suitable for fighting what was likely to be quite a few infected, but no. Those dimwits opened it up and this monstrosity tore a wooden support out of the floor before it began tearing us to shreds. We lost seven men to that thing and, although we did defeat it, it left behind numerous holes in the starboard side of the ship. It also tore open the other containers ... containing more of those brain-dead things.
The water leaking in didn't help."
The ship is thin but long. In the hull, there is a cargo area. There is a small room at the end of the hull which contains a Supply Box. The rest of the hull contains containers. The main deck is littered with cargo containers and in one of them is a hole leading to the lower deck hull. The bridge has two doors leading into it and an area in which the lever and Radio are located if you are playing in Campaign. Then there is the helipad located on top of the bridge with a ladder that survivors and zombies can use with Ammo Stations there as well.
Survivors spawn on the stern of the ship. A cable connects the stern to the top of the bridge.
- Beware of Elementals, Tickers and Leapers (with the C4 upgrade) as they can knock you or blow you off the ship.
- A Skull Champion frequently appears on this map.
- To counter this occurring, try to not spam too many unnecessary explosives.
- Diggers can also knock you off the map.
- They can't Dig though, so don't worry about that.
- Watch out for Brutes. Due to the map size being small, you can be easily prone to flying clubs.
- It's best to stay in a group rather than being alone, as you can be overrun by zombies.
- The Hammer is banned in this map, don't bring it.
- During Campaign, you can call the radio at any time. However, it is advised to fix the Pipes first.
- During Campaign, the Helicopter can still arrive even if the ship has completely sunken.
- Due to the rather small size of the map, make sure to bring explosives such as the Grenade, Chinalake, Minigun (with Explosive Bullets) or RPG as the blast radius is enough to cover a good portion of the map.
- You should also keep your distance when using those weapons as well. You wouldn't want to get blown up.
- The Stalker and Edgar are banned, so you don't need to worry about them.
- Be aware of a Swarmer's Hive attack, as this map is small.
- Bring the Beekeeper Suit to counter this.
- There is an 11 player limit during Arena. This means that everyone else's survival is key, as well as your own survival.
- It recommended to have the Jetpack equipped, if the sever allows it.
- If the ship is near sunk, spawn Fireboxes with Give Commands or spawn M939.
- It's not recommended to bring the Toy Plane as a mount, as there is little space to land safely.
- The map started off as a Platypus remake but later developed into its own map.
- Near the stern of the ship, the name of the ship can be found.
- The original name was "M.S Antarnes", based on the name of a real cargo ship but when the engraving of the ship was made, it was misspelt as "Antares".
- Stalker and Edgar are disabled on this map.
- This is also the first map to have them disabled.
- Arguably, this is the smallest map in R2DA.
- Like Foxriver Prison and S.S. Boliviar this has an 11 player restriction during Arena.
- However, this used to have a 16 player limit during Survival.
- Since this was made, submitted and accepted before S.S. Boliviar, technically speaking this is the second boat map, right after Porta Coeli II.
- In terms of chronological order, this is the third.
- Scattered across the map, many cans of ENRGY can be found.
- Strangely, this map doesn't have Survival Unlimited, although the only other map not to have one is another greenlight map, Sunny Seaside.
- The cargo swing, located next to spawn on the bow of the ship, has been known to fling people and can be accelerated to high speeds.