The Katana is a really long Japanese sword from the past. It is commonly used by Japanese Samurai as a weapon. The Katana is known for its big grip and curved, single-edged blade, that can easily cut through many surfaces.
Some survivors wished to see more melee weapons that weren't simply knives, so R-Brain Hardwork set to work. Unlike most cheap Walmart knockoffs, the Katanas manufactured by the Japanese branch of R-Brain Hardwork are made with genuine materials that were used during the Medieval and Imperial periods of Japan; more specifically from the Sengoku era. Now you can hack, slash and act like a delusional weeaboo everywhere you go! A tutorial was given for those who wished to "look cooler."
Now, where's my Straw Hat? I'm craving some California Rolls.
- Use stamina-giving armors such as the Scout for more swings from this weapon.
- Use this on a horde of zombies due to the penetration, high damage for its swing rate and its relatively long length.
- If you are more into combat rather than styles, don't equip the attachment animations because it significantly increases the delay before you can attack again.
- This sword doesn't trip, it only does damage.
- It will just be a waste on one singular zombie.
- This performs rather admirably in Vs. Environment due to its multi-hit ability.
- Rapid Swing Rate
- Multi Hit
- No Abilities
- Rank changed from 25 to 34.
- Another returning weapon from R2D 2014.
- The R2D 2014 Katana did damage per tick instead of what we have today.
- This is the third sword in R2DA.
- This is, however, the first widely-available purchasable sword.
- This page was originally created on April 1st, 2018 as an April Fools joke. It was deleted on April 6th since April Fools went by. Then, out of nowhere, on April 17th, 2018, the Katana was confirmed to be added for R2DA.
- This is the second weapon to have an attachment that adds Cool Factor with the first being the M249.
- This is the first to have multiple attachments that adds Cool Factor.
- The original mesh in Debug was the ROBLOX standard Katana, which was also used in the original Reason 2 Die.
- The new model was commissioned by BelowNatural.
- The Tsuba, or the guard at the handle, resembles the Higo Tsuba shape very closely.
- Due to its size, the weapon more closely resembles a Nōdachi or Uchigatana, rather than a standard Katana.
- The default Katana does not have a texture, but instead has 3 different meshes, each with their own Color3 values.