Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
- "The good ol' AKM, but with a switched name that god knows who would remember. One of the most popular and well known guns out there, probably because that you just have to hold the trigger to let your inner evil be happy until your mag is empty."
- ―Kennard Ling
The Kalashnikova (or Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy) was an assault rifle that was once available in the R2DA DEMO. It was a reliable weapon that was just satisfying for its value, similar to other guns featured in the demo of R2DA. It was a very powerful weapon that could be bought for 500$ for most its lifetime and had no rank requirement.
Back when L-Brain Sidework was just gaining traction as a company, the Kalashnikova was one of their first creations. As they were new, however, the materials used were sub-par at best but did help keep the price down. When L-Brain Sidework became a trusted supplier of weaponry, they shelved the Kalashnikova towards a better future, eventually to revisit it under a new name and different manufacturer.
- Use the semi-auto mode to maintain good accuracy to conserve your ammunition so you won't miss shots.
- Semi-auto will also help when aiming for the head whilst keeping your accuracy the best it could be.
- Use automatic mode to help when engaging with a Brute as they are quite slow.
- This also goes with encountering a Ticker. As long as you don't shoot their tanks, you should be fine.
- If zombies are jumping around, don't waste ammo trying to shoot them.
- Try to punch or kick them down so they stay still while you ready your gun.
- Remember this almost has the same stats as the M4A1.
- The Kalashnikova is only a little bit more suitable for medium ranges. Use it for such.
- A good secondary can always help in the areas where the Kalashnikova falls short.
- Sounds added.
- circa v0.5.6
- Price changed 500$ to 6,000$.
- Many confuse the Kalashnikova for the AK-47 due to the appearance of the weapon. It is not an AK-47 due to the inverted U pattern on the receiver and muzzle brake on the barrel, exclusive to the AKM and some future Kalashnikov rifles.
- The in-game model lacks the shape of an AKM's handguard, however.
- The AK-47 that was added in v0.9.1 was based on the Kalashnikova.
- In-game, the Kalashnikova was referred to as the AK-47.
- When this was 500$ this was the cheapest gun (not including any free weapons) to exist in R2DA until the Tinpot was added.
Just in case, here is a link to the AK-47.