Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
The Kalashnikova (or Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy) was an assault rifle that was once available in the R2DA DEMO. It was a reliable weapon that was just satisfying for its value, similar to other guns featured in the demo of R2DA. It was a very powerful weapon that could be bought for 500$ for most its lifetime and had no rank requirement.
Back when L-Brain Sidework was just gaining traction as a company, the Kalashnikova was one of their first creations. As they were new, however, the materials used were sub-par at best but did help keep the price down. When L-Brain Sidework became a trusted supplier of weaponry, they shelved the Kalashnikova towards a better future, eventually to revisit it under a new name and different manufacturer.
- Use the semi-auto mode to maintain good accuracy to conserve your ammunition so you won't miss shots.
- Semi-auto will also help when aiming for the head whilst keeping your accuracy the best it could be.
- Use automatic mode to help when engaging with a Brute, as they are quite slow.
- This also goes with encountering a Ticker. As long as you don't shoot their tanks, you should be fine.
- If zombies are jumping around, don't waste ammo trying to shoot them.
- Try to punch or kick them down so they stay still while you ready your gun.
- Remember this almost has the same stats as the M4A1.
- The Kalashnikova is only a little bit more suitable for medium ranges. Use it for such.
- A good secondary can always help in the areas where the Kalashnikova falls short.
- Price changed from 500$ > 6,000$ circa v0.5.6.
- Sounds added in v0.2.1.
- Many confuse the Kalashnikova for the AK-47 due to the appearance of the weapon. It is not an AK-47 due to the inverted U pattern on the receiver and muzzle brake on the barrel, exclusive to the AKM and some future Kalashnikov rifles.
- The in-game model lacks the shape of an AKM's handguard, however.
- The AK-47 that was added in v0.9.1 was based on the Kalashnikova.
- In-game, the Kalashnikova was referred to as the AK-47.
- When this was 500$ this was the cheapest gun (not including any free weapons) to exist in R2DA until the Tinpot was added.
Just in case, here is a link to the AK-47.