It is what it is. Like a Molotov, this weapon can set zombies and players (when applicable) on fire.
These suckers explode with a simple bullet shot, creating a large area of effect in the process. Placing down many of these guys will cause an even bigger area of effect. They can also set off other Propanes in the area. The more, the better!
You can drop this by pressing Backspace.
You might've thought that gas would be rare in the apocalypse. That's not the case, however, as pretty much most of the population is dead, vehicles are rare and there are a lot of things more important than gas. Thus, there really are just a lot of gas cans laying around unused, so gas is really quite plentiful.
- When blown up, it sets anyone caught in the radius on fire.
- If a Jerry Can blows up near another, it'll cause a chain reaction.
- Strategically place these to eradicate an oncoming horde.
- You can use the Jerry Can to set off the Propane as well.
- Similar to the Grenade and Steil, this may prove useful for suicide late in the round.
- Like the Molotov, any Elemental will be healed from this.
- Both the Crabmine, Propane and this can be placed down and left for later.
- Unlike the former, it can still be picked up by another player.
- You can find these laying around for free during Caved In's and Farmhouse's Campaign.
- These are used to fill the generator in Caved In and in Farmhouse.
- The Jerry Cans lying around can be shot and blown up, but you still have to use them to fill the generator.
- The Jerry Can can be blown up by a Tomahawk.
- You cannot explode the Jerry Can with the RPG, M202, X-Mas Launcher or Flamethrower.
- Added as an arena reward.
- This is similar to the Gas Can, an objective item from R2D 2014, but it wasn't used as an offensive item back then.
- You cannot trigger Jerry Cans being held by other survivors.