There might be other ways to obtain this item, but it might not be ever available again.
The Ice Staff is a club that was once held by the mythical Yeti II before its eventual death. This could've been obtained through a Yeti Chest or you could of bought it from the Event Store for 1,499 Tickets.
Ice collected from the newly evolved Yeti's cave was imbued with some sort of strange power - one beyond our comprehension. Its particles were firmly trapped in place, making liquefaction almost impossible. (The ice was so cold. Very cold. The ice barely melts.) In fact, it was so cold, that it was found to freeze zombies on impact due to their much lower body temperature compared to a normal survivor.
Heavenly Day seized the opportunity, extracted hundreds of tons of ice, and began to mass produce what many consider to be a rarity (an actual useful product from their company) - the Ice Staff.
Pay 100 more Tickets and get some included mittens. They may never arrive, but don't try to sue us.
- Freezing a zombie such as the Ticker disables its ability to spin via first person, allowing you to kill it without any sudden backfire.
- Use an item that supplies infinite stamina like the Candy Cane to escape swarms.
- Consider wearing the Tactical II or Scout to help you due to the high energy consumption for this weapon.
- You can freeze a Brute with this.
- This can counteract its forcefield for a short period of time.
- This does not freeze Elementals or any event mobs.
- The Ice Staff is recommended in Melee Smash, due to its length and its freezing effect.
- Make sure to utilise Double Equip to bring a more damaging melee weapon, as it only does 25 damage.
- The freeze effect lasts longer than a trip effect, so don't be afraid to fight somebody with a tripping melee.
- The only thing you should be aware of when using this is its stamina usage.
- You can trip then freeze someone to make sure they stay down.
- Using items and weapons with fire damage such as the Flamethrower and Molotov on a frozen player can thaw the frozen effect.
- This item is useful in Rapid Infection to freeze zombies.
- But this can also backfire due to the fact you don't have Immunity.
- If you need to escape a horde of zombies, Punching and Kicking your way out is a better option than spamming this due to its high stamina usage.
- In Free For All and Party Deathmatch, the only armor that can counter this weapon are iceproof ones such as the Frozen X-Mas Cape.
- If you are attacking a user with this armor, it's better to just leave them for the time being.
- This is a good combo with the X-Mas Launcher during Free For All as you can freeze players then finish them off with an explosion.
- In most regards, the Frost Knuckles have overshadowed this weapon.
- You can only swing the Ice Staff 4 times concurrently (without any boosters or armors such as Scout) before running out of energy. Use it wisely.
- Event Exclusive
- No Multi Hit
- Low Damage
- High Energy Usage
- This is similar to the Ice Sledge from R2D 2014, in terms of usage.
- Uses the highest stamina out of all the melee weapons.
- First weapon to have the ability to inflict freeze.
- Second event item that cost 1,499 Tickets and the second item that can be found in a chest, first being the Torch.
- There was a glitch where Edgars and Leapers would lose their abilities after being frozen. This was patched in v1.0.8a.
- The mesh can be found in the ROBLOX catalog under the Legendary Ice Club.