There might be other ways to obtain this item, but it might not be ever available again.
All survivors know of a rumour that tells of some unknown power granting them gifts, small pockets of happiness, during times of festivity. Sometimes what they contain is less than satisfactory, but sometimes what they contain is something that no other "manufacturer" could grant. The magical Ice Gun, whose bullets are imbued with the same icy power that grants its melee brethren similar strength, is certainly satisfactory.
- Don't spam this, or you'll run out of ammo quickly since it has such a low capacity.
- Although it isn't recommended, you can use this to kill an Edgar with 3 shots.
- You do not need to press "E" to switch to Ice Bullets.
- They can also be reloaded at Ammo Stations.
- Use this on zombies worth the shot, such as Brutes, Diggers and Stalkers.
- Being shot by this will disable any attack a you may be in (e.g. Edgar's tongue). You will not be able to attack in a frozen state. However, you will be able to shield yourself as a Brute or a Stalker.
- A rushing Ticker will explode when it hits the floor, so the Ice Gun isn't recommended for that situations.
- Don't be afraid to fire at a shielding Brute or Stalker, as the freeze effect will pierce through it.
- This does not freeze Elementals or Skull Champions.
- Don't actually rely on this for killing. Think of this as a ranged Ice Staff.
- Beware as this can easily chew through Ammo Stations. Make every shot count.
- If you plan to use this, don't bring the Flamethrower, as it can thaw zombies.
- However, burning zombies then freezing them will not make them thaw.
- This gun does NOT freeze NPCs, so don't use it if your plan was freezing them.
- This doesn't freeze zombified survivors, except those in Rapid Infection.
- Use this to your advantage, as you can freeze zombies before they get into attacking distance.
- It is not recommended to use this when a horde is onto you.
- A zombie might freeze and get stuck on you.
- This cannot be equipped in PvP modes such as Free For All.
- Quick Reload
- Event Exclusive
- Low Damage
- Low DPS
- Low Total Damage
- Low Damage per Magazine
- Low Reserve Ammo
- No Attachments
- Hard Impact removed.
- Accuracy changed from 86 to 82.
- The Ice Gun's look is based on Tracer's pulse pistols from the popular hero-shooter, "Overwatch".
- The sound it makes when shot is a lower pitched FATAL5 gunshot.
- Second ranged event weapon, with the first being the X-Mas Launcher.
- First ranged weapon to apply freeze.
- Second weapon to apply freeze, with the first being Ice Staff.
- This is the first non-explosive weapon to be banned in PvP gamemodes.
- This weapon is technically worth 1,000$ since the Rare Gift was at a price of 100 Robux.
- After Ammunition Types were introduced, in v1.3.4, the Ice Gun became glitched.