Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
After defeating Lord Pumpkin Jr., the survivors opened his coveted treasure chest to find a box containing instructions for painting with a "spooky colour scheme". As it turns out, instead of pie-making, the pumpkin had turned to art to distract him from his all-consuming internal anger.
However, if you looked elsewhere, another group of survivors strangely similar to the last opened the chest not to find instructions but to a seemingly magical torch.
Years on, survivors would find the blueprints of the Pumpkinator and remnants of an ancient weapon in a similarly looking chest. The mass production of the Pumpkin Bot and Bone Sword started. Years on from that, another similar chest contained the Boo Buster and schematics for a Batwing Skin.
Yet once again, just like history repeating itself once again, the survivors would end up find this mythical chest in the ownership of a king, where the survivors found.. a Lantern? It just seemed like a Lantern, nothing special. They were however very wrong in the process.
- Try not to be in the middle of where the boss dies, which is where Regular Chests spawn, so you can grab the Halloween Chest without being interrupted by a chest spawning on top of you.
- Second boss chest to be released.
- This is the first event chest to provide 7 exclusive items, albeit over separate events.
- This is the first event chest to be reused for two, and subsequently three, different bosses.
- The Halloween Chest is only empty if you already have the Pumpkin Bot, Bone Sword and Lantern.