The Grenade is great for clearing out a large area of zombies. It's also great when you're the last survivor alive, as you can take out dozens of zombies chasing you. Just be careful not to blow yourself up. It one shots everything except Brutes, Elementals, Stalkers and sometimes Tickers (it often blows up their tank, but if it doesn't, they don't die).
In service since 1968 by the US Military (replacing M26 and Mk 2 grenades in the process), the M67 Grenade was a prominent grenade that was used by many countries, such as New Zealand. Due to it being easy to use and being useful for clearing out large hordes of zombies, many survivors and soldiers carry a few around with them. Some have such a huge surplus of them that they just end up putting them in Supply Boxes for other people to use, although how people even manage to put Grenades in Supply Boxes in strange and/or obscure places such as Panama Beach is a mystery. The Grenade somehow doesn't create fragments, only a huge explosion which is extremely satisfying to watch, especially with the explosion ripping through hordes.
- Keep a safe distance from a Grenade, as they are deadly and bouncy, and even capable of hitting you through walls.
- Throwing the Grenade at half strength makes it bounce much less, making it much more predictable.
- This still has some push, even if you're not hurt by the explosion. This can cause you to go in unprecedented ways, and possibly take fatal damage not even from the Grenade.
- Know where it is and know your surroundings. You don't want to be in a situation where you can see the ground (or even the void in some maps) rapidly approaching.
- This is a very good crowd control tool. You can easily gain cash if used at the right time.
- You can cook the Grenade by holding down LMB. It has a fuse time of 3 seconds.
- You can use this to your advantage by throwing it at the last second to surprise a Brute.
- Unequipping a Grenade while cooking it will allow you to safely put it back into your inventory.
- If times are desperate, holding LMB for too long will overcook the Grenade, killing you and all surrounding mobs.
- If you die trying to overcook the Grenade, it will not explode.
- Grenades are very useful in Free For All matches due to its blast radius. Take advantage of it by always having one on hand whenever you need it.
- Listen carefully for the pull-pin sound.
- Added to in-game store.
- Overcooking added.
- Overcooking removed.
- Overcooking readded.
- Throwing sounds added.
- The Grenade is modelled after the real-life M67 Grenade.
- This iteration of the Grenade has a larger area of effect than the old one in R2D (which had a 25 blast radius).