Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
The Frozen Orb is an immobile NPC that heals the Yeti II when he is harmed. Three spawn per Yeti II boss fight and they are scattered around the Return of the Yeti map in fixed positions. You can destroy these orbs with fire-based means, such as the Flamethrower.
These orbs float around the beast known as the Yeti II, imbuing him with strength. Easily destroyed.
Something you must ask yourself, however - were these created by the monster himself? And if so, for what reason?
Or were they created by something else entirely, something powerful, mystical. Perhaps they created the monster, and not the other way around.
- It's best to leave the others for them to destroy the orbs, if you have no means of destroying them.
- Use fire to burn orbs by using the melees. The Axe with its Fire Attachment or the Torch will destroy them.
- Burn the Frozen Orbs before the Yeti II destroys the platforms, as it will take about 2 minutes for the platforms to return, which can give the Yeti II plenty of time to heal.
- This is the first NPC to not deal any damage to anyone.
- It instead heals Yeti II.
- If all 3 orbs have not been destroyed, Yeti II heals over 5,000 health.
- This will still let out the sound effect after being hit, even if the damage does not destroy them.