Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
- "It's quite a mystery on how people in the past could defeat this horrible beast hundreds of years ago. But the question is, why? It couldn't be terrorizing a village, it could be defending something more powerful then itself inside that mysterious and forgotten cave..."
This hidden cave in the Arctic was the last safe haven for a small group of government-hired scientists and researchers from around the world. Their goal was to create a weapon capable of ridding the Earth from the infected - a perfect weapon, one not only able to completely eradicate the infected, and only the infected, but one able to constantly adapt, repair and duplicate itself.
The blueprints for the robot were first caught on the survivor's radio waves around summer time, as they were researching records of previous military expeditions into uncharted territory to discover new ways of eliminating infected. The survivors immediately began a search for the locations of the weapon, as the military began to search through decades worth of classified information. They found long-abandoned files with plans detailing how to create a "Apex Predator" for the zombies, one impervious to claws, clubs and fire. The final messages from the base were ones of distress, as their supplies were cut off and the scientists fell to sicknesses and exposure.
The coordinates of the base were found in late autumn and expeditions were prepared. A small group was initially sent with sufficient supplies to survive a few months - they wanted them to extract as much info as possible and return.
A message returned. The team did not.
"Not just infected."
Larger and larger groups continued to be sent. None returned. They were constantly trained for the wilderness, were perfectly equipped and had no infected to fight, and yet were being wiped off the map. There was only one possibility, previously considered impossible.
The weapon was still functional, and each group was simply waking it up.
There is one main island with the Frost Golumn remaining there, surrounded by water. The island is made of ice and has a mountain behind it. There's a door which the Boss spawns in front of. To the left is a small elevated wooden bridge and a few floating icebergs. To the right are other small icebergs.
- Don't go onto the mountains, it will trip you.
- Bring Jetpack to move around the map easier.
- Trying to get on the mountains will trip you, so don't do it.
- The water will start hurting you immediately rather than waiting for the oxygen meter to run out.
- In Debug, the healing stone was underwater and there was an orange mesh in the middle of the map.
- This was changed to the entrance of the cave.
- The reason why this was changed is because Frost Golumn got stuck when it teleported into the middle of the map.