The Flash is an explosive that can blind and stun zombies and survivors for a few seconds. It's underestimated by most, as you can use it to basically render Brutes useless, make a Leaper become totally confused, or make your escape away from a horde of zombies.
Flashbangs were a very common non-lethal grenade before the apocalypse. The military distributes them nowadays to give survivors an easy way to escape from zombies, temporarily blinding them and also deafening them. Despite the supposed effectiveness of these Flashbangs, survivors have reported that these grenades have barely worked during life-threatening situations, although most of the reasons they give can be blamed on misuse of these grenades as survivors tend to... blind themselves.
- Use this to blind a horde of zombies that may be pursuing you.
- This is very useful against Brutes, so as it flails around, you and your teammates can take it out.
- If there's a special infected, it may also be worth chucking their way so they can't chase you down. It blurs any nametags on any pursuing zombie.
- This works in Free For All, Undead Battleground and Party Deathmatch. Blind your opponents!
- This has the added bonus of not blinding your teammates in Party Deathmatch.
- Combined with a Grenade, a Pipebomb or a Molotov, this can be a very useful item.
- Unlike other games, whether or not you are looking at the flash does not have much effect.
- You just need to be within the Flash radius to be affected.
- The stun times for the Flash varies:
- Humans: 3 seconds
- Zombies: 5 seconds
- NPCs: 10 seconds
- AI Infecteds will not follow you nor damage you when they are confused. Use this in Vs. Environment if the situation demands it.
- The Flash can be useful to temporarily stun the Skull Champion.
- This isn’t a guarantee chance to save you from Zombies. So you should get running before the flash effect wears off.
- Added to In-Game Store.
- Nametags now removed in blur.
- Droppable upon death.
- Rank changed from 0 to 6.
- The mesh can be found in the ROBLOX catalog under the Flashbang. The mesh itself resembles the M84 Stun Grenade.
- This uses the same mesh as the Pipebomb from R2D.
- One of the three regular items not to be found in Regular Chests, the other two being the Airstrike and Jetpack.