This explosive can blind and stun zombies and survivors for a few seconds. It's underestimated by most, as you can use it to basically render Brutes useless, make a Leaper become totally confused, or make your escape away from a horde of zombies.
Flashbangs were a very common non-lethal grenade before the apocalypse. The military distributes them nowadays to give survivors an easy way to escape from zombies, temporarily blinding them and also deafening them. Despite the supposed effectiveness of these flashbangs, survivors have reported that these grenades have barely worked during life-threatening situations, although most of the reasons they give can be blamed on misuse of these grenades as survivors tend to... blind themselves.
- Use this to blind a horde of zombies that may be pursuing you.
- This is very useful against Brutes, so as it flails around, you and your teammates can take it out.
- If there's a special infected, it may also be worth chucking on their way so they can't chase you down. It blurs any nametags on any pursuing zombie.
- This does not work in Free Brawl.
- However, this still works in Free For All. Blind your opponents!
- Combined with a grenade, a pipebomb or a molotov, this can be a very useful item.
- The stun times for the Flash varies:
- Humans: 3 seconds
- Zombies: 5 seconds
- NPCs: 10 seconds
- AI Zombies will not follow you nor damage you when they are confused.
- Added to In-Game Store.
- Nametags now removed in blur.
- Droppable upon death.
- The mesh can be found in the ROBLOX catalog under the Flashbang. The mesh itself resembles the M84 Stun Grenade .
- This uses the same mesh as the Pipebomb from R2D.
- One of the three regular items not to be found in Regular Chests, the other two being the Airstrike and Jetpack.
- This is the first non-lethal throwable item, the second being the Flare.