The Flamethrower is a primary weapon that fires a short stream of fire out in front of you. The fire covers a large area and any zombie that walks into it is instantly set on fire. Aiming is not needed for this weapon and unlike the past rendition, you can refill it to your heart's desire.
Just be careful near an Elemental — Elementals heal from the flames of this.
A super compact flamethrower, with many improvements! No longer do you need to carry a heavy backpack full of fuel that could explode at any given moment, but you can sprint around the world, wrecking havoc with this miniaturised flamethrower! Easy to reload, easy to handle and easy to cause chaos... or maybe not that last part. When those who aren't brain-dead are lit on fire, they panic. Fire would normally incapacitate instantly. Sadly, the infected, who simply don't care about the tingly heat enveloping them, aren't subject to this.
- This weapon excels at cleaning up hordes of mobs.
- Stick with teammates so that you'll stand a chance if an Elemental tries to ruin your day.
- If you're planning to take on a Brute, catch it off-guard or at low HP. The short range can be dangerous.
- Knocking them down prior to burning them is quite effective.
- The Napalm attachment is quite useful for this task due to the additional range.
- While spraying zombies with this, jump around them while doing so to avoid being damaged.
- This can be surprisingly effective in Free For All if you can get the jump on other players.
- You can roast players within range extremely fast.
- The Firevest will stop players from taking afterburn, but it won't stop them from being roasted.
- In Vs. Environment, the pierce of the flames and good damage can help tame the hordes after your brain.
- You can actually thaw players with this!
- You cannot ADS with this weapon.
- It is most recommended to bring this weapon on maps like Foxriver Prison or Café County due to their small and open areas.
- High Rate of Fire
- High Magazine Ammo
- Fire Effect
- Very High Total Damage
- Short Range
- Low Reserve Ammo
- Low Damage
- Ability to ADS removed.
- Rank changed from 16 to 17.
- Rank changed from 17 to 22.
- This is a returning weapon from R2D 2014.
- The Flamethrower cannot shoot through walls, unlike R2D 2014.
- This weapon was speculated to be nonrefillable at Ammo Stations much like its R2D 2014 counterpart.
- This is false, so feel free to refill it normally like most weapons.
- The flamethrower has the lowest range of all weapons with a value with 20.
- This is nicknamed "Flamey" in-game.
- Like the Dragunov, the Flamethrower had some issues during development that delayed the release.
- When released, the Flamethrower would kill Elementals instead of healing them. This issue was later fixed.
- The design is extremely similar to the Flamethrower in Xenonauts — it simply has a different colour palette.
- This, with the M93R, are the two weapons that do not have a reloading sound.