The Flakvest is an armor which gives a decent amount of health and a single magazine, with its main ability being the 80% explosion resistance, making it an ideal armor to use in small maps where Tickers can blow you up to bits. While this armor won't completely negate explosion damage, it is still useful for staying alive and could be the very thing that saves you from getting blown up.
Survivors were really getting sick of those pesky explosives. Whether it be death by Ticker or Elemental explosions causing great injury. There needed to be a solution, some sort of armor that that could provide some sort of explosion-proof power.
And so, a quest was launched by survivors in order to find a vest that can have some explosive resistance. A few weeks into the quest, survivors came across a worn, tattered vest in Subway under some debris. The vest had seemed to provide whatever survivor that had once worn it some sort of protection against an oncoming Ticker, with the remains of a tattered hazmat suit laying nearby, but also with very little damage done to the survivor's body.
After the survivors brought back the vest, they repaired it, tested it and brought the Flakvest into the market for sale. It sold very well and it was ideal to bring it nearly anywhere, with its added health. However, survivors still knew that even with its health protection, they were still vulnerable to other types of attacks. Nevertheless, it was commonly loved by many survivors.
- Use this on cramped maps to counter those pesky Tickers!
- The Flakvest is quite useful in Free For All because explosives (such as the Grenade) have very little effect.
- While negating most the damage from a M202 or X-Mas Launcher, rocket jumping with this isn't recommended due to the long stun time.
- The RPG will most likely kill you before you can rocket jump.
- If you are wearing the Flakvest, punch or kick a Ticker while it is rushing. Not only will it negate most of the damage, but also help your team as it avoids blowing them into pieces.
- Only do this as a precautionary tactic, if all hope is lost. Don't do this while on low health or if there are no teammates around you.
- You can use this to survive Papa Squid's Iron Rainfall, as it wipes out most of your health without explosive protection.
- This can protect you from accidental self-inflected explosive damage from Explosive Bullets.
- If you are using the Toy Plane, this is the best armor to bring to prevent instant death by crashing.
- In terms of slugs, this armor grants three times as much as it usually grants to normal ammo.
- High Health
- Explosive Resistance
- Included Ammo
- Rank changed from 9 to 12.
- Rank changed from 12 to 15.
- Additional ammo for slugs added.
- Flakvest is a returning vest from R2D 2014.
- This is the second returning vest from R2D.
- The model for the Flakvest resembles The Interceptor Multi-Threat Body Armor System.