The Firevest is an armor which allows players to take no fire damage from Fire Elementals and any type of fire. Fire protection is a pretty big thing, so only a small amount of bonus health is given.
At least it's cheap.
Because painting a regular lifevest yellow will somehow grant you invulnerability to fire.
Just kidding! It's a fire-retardant vest made with special material that coincidentally resembles a lifevest. The manufacturers simply made it yellow to make it distinguishable from regular lifevests that doesn't do much. Unlike those red things however, these actually grant you some decent protection against literal beings of fire.
Unfortunately for you (that is if you buy it), it's quite fragile.
- Although you are immune to being burnt by Fire Elementals, it's still not recommended to fight them.
- You aren't completely invulnerable to them, as they can still hurt (and stun) you with their Rebirth.
- Heavily damaging them without killing them will allow them to switch to an Electric Elemental.
- You aren't immune to them at all, so all-in-all, just keep your distance.
- In v1.0.0, the Molotov was changed to damage the player who threw it regardless of their vest.
- If you're throwing one down, keep your distance from the circle of fire.
- One thrown in Free For All will still damage you, Firevest or not.
- Environmental fires do not damage you. This allows some perks such as:
- Pairing a Jerry Can with this can end in some interesting results.
- It is recommended to bring this to the Lord Pumpkin Jr. boss fight, as while wearing this, his flamethrower move will not damage you.
- Useful for those farming elemental egg as it negates burn damage.
- Fire Resistance
- Low Ranked
- No Extra Ammo
- Low Health
- This is the first returning vest from R2D 2014.
- There was a typo in the store that stated that the Firevest granted 30 HP instead of the 15 HP it actually gives.
- The Firevest has the same model as the Lifevest. It is only recolored.
- Whenever a player zombifies, a bug will occur where this vest will turn green.
- As both vests use the same model, this bug applies to both iterations.
- This is the first piece of armor designed to counter a specific zombie.