The Dragunov, alternatively known as SVDS (short for Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova Skladnaya), is a great weapon if you have good aim. Like the Remington, aiming for headshots is important, but due to its higher mag size and faster fire rate, body shots are fine.
If you prefer sniping and not using automatic weapons or shotguns, the Dragunov is a decent weapon. Remember to buy a scope as soon as possible to make use of the long range.
Ever since the Remington 700 was released, L-Brain Sidework were flooded with positive feedback. They wanted something bigger and better, so they decided to fund R-Brain Hardwork with the budget to create a new sniper. The facilities used in L-Brain Sidework are sub-par at best, and it would not serve the follow-up to the Remington justice. After a minor production mishap, the Dragunov was released.
- Like other snipers, this weapon is better suited for a support role.
- Third-person is recommended while using the Dragunov.
- Not only does this help with situational awareness, but also target tracking as the bullet velocity may be slow at times.
- If you are going in first-person, ADS'ing helps as your bullets fly slightly above your crosshair.
- The fire rate is decent in close quarters and the ammunition is quite plentiful for a sniper.
- If you need more ammo, you can just equip a vest that supplies you with bonus mags.
- Deal headshots, whenever you can, to maximise efficiency.
- There's no downside to the Attachments for the Dragunov, so be sure to get the PSO-1 and the Bipod as soon as possible.
- Equipping both gives a +100 bonus to both range and accuracy.
- High Damage
- High Range
- High Accuracy
- High Reserve Ammo
- None ATM
- Accuracy changed from 110 to 220.
- Rank changed from 12 to 11.
- Ammunition changed from 6/2 to 6/3.
- Animations changed.
- Accuracy changed from 220 to 270.
- Ammunition changed from 6/3 to 8/3 in v1.3.3.
- Damage changed from 85 to 115 in v1.3.3.
- Rate of Fire changed from 0.3s to 0.25s in v1.3.3.
- This is the third mesh-based gun to be added to R2DA.
- To previously purchase the Dragunov you had to own the Remington 700.
- It took an extended period of time for this weapon to be added because PlaceRebuilder was unsatisfied with the original mesh.
- This video shows the original mesh of the Dragunov.
- Like the Remington 700, its firing sound is quieter than the other weapons.
- The model in-game shares similarities with the Dragunov SVD variant of this weapon.
- In real life, the Dragunov has a capacity of 10 rounds per magazine compared to the 8 you see in-game.
- On the other hand, the real Dragunov fires much slower than what is experienced in-game.
- Asimo, an alternative skin for the Dragunov, is a reference to the Asiimov series of CS:GO skins.
- The old Dragunov animation gif can be found here.