- "Double the fire, but sadly no burn."
Equipping this allows you to fire both barrels at once. No extra ammo is added to the shotgun reducing the amount of shots you can fire from 14 to 7. This gives you 1 shot to fire per reload instead of the 2 shots you can fire without it.
The Double Fire attachment is a small modification that can be attached to any DB Shotgun to make it fire both barrels at once. A select few employees who worked at L-Brain Sidework used to play an old-school shooter series that featured a powerful single shot double-barrel weapon to kill onslaughts of demon hordes. Their love for the series and feedback from the public ultimately led to the creation of a new mechanism added to the shotgun; giving survivors a choice to further add a punch to their liking: a choice to rip and tear until it is done.
- A well-placed shot with this will instantly kill most people in Free For All with the exception of those that have Prestiged Up and are wearing a high health-giving armor such as the X-Mas Cape.
- This isn't recommended on Party Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch or Gun Game because everybody can be suitably killed with one normal shot, saving another for somebody else.
- With a well-aimed shot, most zombies, excluding the Brute, will be instantly killed with this attachment.
- With this attachment, a reliable secondary, such as the Steyr M, is recommended due to the fact that a long reload takes place between each shot.
- The Faster Reloading attachment will also help.
- This is one of the few attachments that are not visible.
- In 2016, Rockynic suggested this concept that piqued the curiosity of PlaceRebuilder.
- The icon for Double Fire has the Duckhunt skin.
- When released, the DB Shotgun used to show 2/6 ammo with the Double Fire equipped, but use both shots at the same time.
- It was later changed to 1/6, to make it easier to understand.