Unlike in Reason 2 Die, where you respawned as zombie upon survivor death, players are now greeted with a new GUI. It is composed of two buttons: Zombify and Respawn. Players are notified when someone is down through a skull icon that pops up above their corpse (red if they have been revived once already).
The screen turns black and white when you die for added "realism".
If none of the below happens after 30 seconds, you automatically respawn as a zombie when applicable.
The Zombify feature instantly brings you back as a zombie at the exact spot you died. You will keep the vest you were wearing (if any), but it will not add extra HP, as you will regain a max HP of 500 upon zombifying. You do not gain any extra buffs if you have any vest on (for example the Flakvest will not grant 80% explosive resistance), with the exception of stamina-boosting armors (like the Tactical II and Scout), which will give the zombified person the same amount of stamina that they enjoyed as a survivor. If you have the Frost Knuckles, you will respawn with that too. You can receive fall damage just like any other survivor.
You used to get +50 Cash by killing a zombified person, but this was removed. Currently, killing someone who has zombified will yield no benefit.
You are automatically respawned after a 5 second delay in Rapid Infection.
This feature is disabled for Cake Kingdom Minigame, Quest, Boss, the last phases of Arena, Trick O' Threat Town Minigame and the last phases of the sinking of M.S Antares during Campaign. Additionally, the feature is disabled for all PvP Gamemodes, except for Undead Battleground.
If someone places a Tombstone down near your body, the option to Zombify is disabled as well.
The Respawn feature instantly respawns you as a zombie and destroys your ragdoll.
If a survivor's head has been blown off in Undead Battleground, they will automatically respawn after a 5 second delay.
You are not completely hopeless.
During the 30 second period, if neither Respawn or Zombify have been clicked, other players can bring you back from the dead using Defibrillators. The person who revives you gets 15$ and used to reward you 75 Player Points (in virtue, you are still rewarded with this but it does very little).
You cannot defib someone in Free For All, Undead Battleground or Party Deathmatch if their head has been blown off due to a headshot. You also cannot defib someone if they have been killed due to the Golden effect.
You only can be revived once.
At certain times, such as Boss Rounds, you can be revived to get back into the fight, but that's if the player is quick enough to run over to you during the 5 second grace period.
If you have dropped Defibrillators, they need to drop their Medkit if they have one, grab the Defibrillators, then revive you. If the player has a Jetpack, you're most likely hopeless, as they have to use all their fuel to grab the Defibrillators.
- A countdown now features on all downed players, on their skull, as of v1.0.3.
- It only appears if 10 seconds remain to defib someone.
- The Deathscreen uses ROBLOX's new shaders to get the black & white effect.
- Before this, there was no filter in place.
- Before v0.5.1, the Zombify button was named Revive but was later changed, as the term "Revive" would confuse newer players.
- Rarely upon death, a bug can occur where none of your items will drop when you die.
- Zombifying was made free after v1.4.5. Prior to that, it used to cost 20$.
- Additionally, people who have zombified can now sprint after v1.4.5, but they cannot use the night vision ability that other zombies have (attempting to toggle them will only turn your flashlight on and off). They also have the same running and sprint jumping animation as survivors.