A simple, yet high-powered weapon. It has a low amount of ammo, so make sure every shot counts. For those who can definitely land every shot, this is a good weapon. For those who can't, you should probably just stick with the Steyr M.
Back when L-Brain Sidework was still in need of developing new weapons, they had limitations as they had such a small and limited workshop. As time went by, other manufacturers started to show up and made weapons that L-Brain Sidework could not compete with, so they decided to take advantage of something satisfying which other manufacturers hadn't made, which was a classic six-shooter revolver.
Later on, other revolvers such as the CK Swat and the Peacemaker outclassed this weapon, by damage or the fact that they are dual-wielded. This gun doesn't have many users and is extremely rare after the other revolvers came out. They also needed a cool spinning animation like the other revolvers. Then people would use it. Maybe.
- Headshots matter for this weapon.
- Try not to engage at medium to long distances due to its short range.
- "Spraying and praying" isn't the best idea, as shooting rapidly will deteriorate the accuracy quickly and waste all of your ammo in the process.
- The Double Equip system can be useful here by granting the Colt Python extra magazines from armors.
- Try not to engage a Ticker, Stalker or a Brute with this weapon.
- It's especially recommended to use this against an Edgar, as even without a headshot, you can kill it.
- This sidearm does less damage total than Steyr M, so it's best to use the latter in boss fights.
- While ADS'ing, it has horrible recoil. Keep that in mind if you are aiming at something.
- By 50 studs it will only deal around 35-60 damage due to drop-off damage, bear this in mind.
- The Faster Reload attachments are recommended, as a quicker reload could save your life.
- High Damage
- High DPS
- Low Ranked
- Low Reserve Ammo
- Low Total Damage
- Low Range
- circa v0.6.1
- Ammo changed from 6/2 to 6/1.
- Accuracy changed from 85 to 200.
- Converted from CSG to mesh.
- Hipfire decreased.
- Price changed from 2,000$ to 1,250$.
- Accuracy changed from 200 to 110.
- Animations changed.
- Range changed from 70 to 80.
- Rank changed from 0 to 1.
- This was the third handgun to be ever added in R2DA.
- This is considered a returning weapon from R2D, as it shares similarities with the Revolver.
- This was the last weapon of six to be converted from CSG into a mesh.
- This has a similar reloading sound to the General's .45, which is a ranged gear in the catalog.
- In real life, a Colt Python's firepower is so high, it could pierce through a tier 2 ceramic plate. In this game, however, it obviously can't do that.
- The old Colt Python animation video can be found here.
Just in case, here is a link to the CK Swat.