A simple, yet high-powered weapon. It has a low amount of ammo, so make sure every shot counts. For those who can definitely land every shot, this is a good weapon. For those who can't, you should probably just stick with the Steyr M.
Back when L-Brain Sidework was still in need of developing new weapons, they had limitations as they had such a small and limited workshop. As time went by, other manufacturers started to show up and made weapons that L-Brain Sidework could not compete with, so they decided to take advantage of something satisfying which other manufacturers hadn't made, which was a classic six-shooter revolver.
Later on, other revolvers such as the CK Swat and the Peacemaker outclassed this weapon, by damage or the fact that they are dual-wielded. This gun doesn't have many users and is extremely rare after the other revolvers came out. They also needed a cool spinning animation like the other revolvers. Then people would use it. Maybe.
Eventually, L-Brain Sidework did some improvements to the Colt Python, thus boosting profits. More and more survivors are seen carrying around this weapon on missions, suggesting that the reliability of this revolver has increased.
- Headshots matter for this weapon.
- Try not to engage at medium to long distances due to its short range.
- "Spraying and praying" isn't the best idea, as shooting rapidly will deteriorate the accuracy quickly and waste all of your ammo in the process.
- The Double Equip system can be useful here by granting the Colt Python extra magazines from certain armors.
- Try not to engage a Ticker, Stalker or a Brute with this weapon.
- It's especially recommended to use this against an Edgar, as even without a headshot, you can kill it.
- This sidearm does less damage total than Steyr M, so it's best to use the latter in boss fights.
- While ADS'ing, it has very high recoil. Keep that in mind if you are aiming at something.
- The Faster Reload attachments are recommended, as a quicker reload could save your life.
- High Damage
- High DPS
- Low Ranked
- Low Reserve Ammo
- Low Range
- circa v0.6.1
- Ammo changed from 6/2 to 6/1.
- Accuracy changed from 85 to 200.
- Converted from CSG to mesh.
- Hipfire decreased.
- Price changed from 2,000$ to 1,250$.
- Accuracy changed from 200 to 110.
- Animations changed.
- Range changed from 70 to 80.
- Rank changed from 0 to 1.
- Ammo changed from 6/1 to 6/2.
- This was the third handgun to be ever added in R2DA.
- This is considered a returning weapon from R2D, as it shares similarities with the Revolver.
- This was the last weapon of six to be converted from CSG into a mesh.
- This has a similar reloading sound to the General's .45, which is a ranged gear in the catalog.
- In real life, a Colt Python's firepower is so high, it could pierce through a tier 2 ceramic plate. In this game, however, it obviously doesn't.
- The old Colt Python animation video can be found here.
Just in case, here is a link to the CK Swat.