- "Wait, this seems familiar. Wait! This is from the previous apocalypse! Now we're REALLY Caved In! Haha- no."
Caved In is a map from R2D 2014. It is a cave complex in the middle of the ocean.
This is also the first map released for R2DA's Greenlight category.
One day, a boat drifted onto the shore. It was small and held no signs of life. In the process of trying to claim it, several survivors were surprised to see it suddenly roar to life and speed off into the ocean. With them still on it.
As safety receded from view, the new passengers had to wonder where they were being taken. It was clear that wherever this boat was taking them, it knew where it was going.
Judging by the damage on the boat, it had done this before.
This map takes place on what could be considered an island.
Survivors spawn outside of a metal door, with a boat right behind them. A control panel can be interacted with to open the door.
This leads into an abandoned mine with houses scattered about within.
There are two levels with either a ladder and or the lift taking you up. Players, including zombies, can click the green and red buttons to move the lift up and down. You can also press a grey button at each level to call the lift to your level.
Around the second floor are catwalks. A recess can be seen on a side that is blocked off by debris. Blowing it up leads into another room that serves as a storage room.
- There are only two Ammo Stations in the entire map.
- It's quite dark, so use your flashlight by pressing "X" to be able to see.
- Remember that the lift works.
- You can still use it as a Brute, as you're too bulky to climb the ladders.
- Be careful if you are using the lift as a survivor. It may be a bit jumpy at times.
- The water is extremely sensitive. If your torso at any point touches the water, you will die.
- Due to the fact zombies can spawn in restricted areas, this can cause an unfair loss during Arena.
- Watch out for a Brute while playing on Campaign. While escaping, the boat won't protect you from smashes.
- They can even spawn on top of the boat as well, so be careful.
- Upon blowing up the TNT, anyone near the rocks will be severely damaged/killed by the blast.
- Wear a Flakvest to negate the effects.
- Diggers cannot dig in this map.
- Remember that spawning M939s in the water may cause some people to die due to the pushback of the spawning M939s, causing them to be pushed into the water.
- The following can cause you to touch the water, killing you as a survivor if you are at the spawn
- Buy Truck or Van at the spawn.
- Doing /e split, /e sit or any other emote that lowers your torso.
- Diggers and Leapers.
- They are killed when the water is shallow.
- Being caught by an Edgar.
- This lowers your torso to be below the water level.
- Get flung into the water by ROBLOX Physics, usually by Stalkers or the Jetski.
- Placing a Clockbomb, near the Boat only.
- Spawning too deep into the water.
- Touching the top of the cave at a very high velocity, which triggers the glitchy physic.
- Getting revived with Defibrillators while your body is in the water, which'll just kill you again.
- Being frozen by the Ice Gun, Ice Staff or Ice Ammo, similar to getting ragdolled.
- This is the first returning map from R2D 2014.
- Currently, the map has been simply imported over from R2D with little-to-no change at all.
- At first, the GUI for Campaign was broken for this map.
- Occasionally the GUI still breaks, but the issue is rare.
- Initially, in Debug, the water wasn't smooth terrain water and consisted of a single blue block.
- When starting on a Gamemode other than Campaign, the Boat can be seen for a split second before disappearing.
- During Debug, the icon and Loading Screen images were blurry and stretched out.
- The Forklift in the storage room isn't anchored and pretty much falls apart instantly when the map loads.
- When you shoot the television in one of the houses the television breaks and turns off.