Cash can be earned within a game by various methods including:
- Getting the final kill on zombies/survivors yourself.
- Getting assist kills as zombie contributing to a survivor kill or as a survivor contributing to a Brute kill.
- Having zombies killed by another member of your Party, if party bonus is enabled.
- Completing certain parts of a Campaign.
- Completing a round that has a Cash Round Reward.
- Completing certain obstacles in Quest.
- Obtain from Regular Chests.
- Obtain from the Gift of Wealth.
- Logging in on the December 24 or 25, 2016 got you 1,500 Cash.
- Originally, through the Achievements.
You, in turn, can use this money in the Store to expand your arsenal and to launch yourself in other ways ahead of the competition. You can also use the In-Game Store for survivors and zombies alike. The only other way to lose Cash was using the code "8H44IO" or by Zombifying on the DeathScreen.
Cash is the main currency of R2DA. It doesn't appear physically within the game, but it's still an integral part of your survival.
You can also purchase Cash in the menu by clicking the "Cash Shop" button in the store or the "Buy Gold" button in the bottom right of the menu.
There are many more options to buy Cash via Boosters.
The old currency of R2DA, coins, were dropped by killing a mob and the coin would differentiate in value depending on what was killed. As this drop system is now deprecated, money is now given to you automatically whenever you kill a mob. You don't have to manually run over to pick up coins anymore.
When this was around, there was an idea where you could have pets that could get dropped coins. However, this idea was dropped as it would lead to serious money stealing from other players standing next to a slain zombie.
You gain values from here if you are not in a Party or if at least 1 member of your Party is dead.
- Normal Zombie: 10
- Ticker: 30
- Edgar: 25
- Brute: 100
- Leaper: 30
- Elemental: 40
- Digger: 50
- Stalker: 35
- Swarmer: 35
- AI Normal: 5
- AI Special: 10
- Normal Zombie: 15
- Ticker: 45
- Edgar: 38/37
- Brute: 150
- Leaper: 45
- Elemental: 60
- Digger: 75
- Stalker: 52/53
- AI Normal: 8/7
- AI Special: 15
Party Bonus Earnings
You gain values from here if you are in a Party, cash bonus is enabled, all members of the party are alive, someone else in it gets the kill and there are 5 or fewer people in the Party.
- Normal Zombie: 5
- Ticker: 15
- Edgar: 12/13
- Brute: 50
- Leaper: 15
- Elemental: 20
- Digger: 25
- Stalker: 17/18
- AI Normal: 3/2
- AI Special: 5
- Coins replaced with Cash.
- Robux purchase options increase.
- 1,000 cash option changed from 10R$ to 100R$.
- 6,000 cash option changed from 55R$ to 450R$.
- 15,000 cash option changed from 150R$ to 1,000R$.
- New cash purchase options added
- Icons updated
- On the screen to buy yourself a Cash booster, Cash is referred to as Gold.
- The screen states "Buying cash supports the continued development of R2D Awakening".
- Cash earned from Chests, finishing portions of the Chronos Quest or completing Campaign is not boosted nor shared with Party members.
- Party earnings from killing any zombies will give you extra 50% of the zombie kill reward, so long no-one is a Prestige Rank.
- For example, you get 40$ for killing an Elemental, but with the Party bonus, you actually receive 60$, since half of 40 is 20, and 40 + 20 is 60.
- The reason that the Edgar reward differentiates is due to the game sometimes rounding up and sometimes rounding down as 25 * 1.5 = 37.5. The same thing goes for AI Normals and Stalkers.
- The Coins model can be found in Duck's Quest.