An oil rig in the middle of the ocean, how lovely! Porta Coeli II crashed into the lower portion of the rig and now you must wait until help comes.
Initially, this rig looked occupied. When Porta Coeli II crashed on the side of the oil rig, survivors of the crash were grateful. That flame on top of the tower was there for a reason, and it clearly wasn't going out any time soon.
Yet it was empty.
Just as survivors were setting in, as if on cue, shipping containers broke open and zombies poured out of them. That growing feeling of security quickly vanished.
Bouri Rig 71 is a three-story map.
On the first floor, Porta Coeli II crashed into the side and this is where you are spawning. There's nothing else to note here, as the entire floor is shaped like a ring, with stairs to the second on opposite sides.
On the second floor, the surface is shaped like a doughnut. Objects litter the perimeter, and there's only one set of stairs to the third floor.
The third floor is mostly open and is where you will be spending the majority of the round. There are some housing units, a crane and a platform that serves as a helipad, along with some shipping containers.
You can climb onto the tower in the middle with a ladder. The area up there is cramped, but that ladder is the only way up to that platform. Using the legs, it is possible to reach the summit of the tower.
- When you spawn in, you best move quickly out of the boat.
- Unless you are wearing a Firevest, those flames will and can hurt you.
- A Brute can easily overpower survivors within this map due to how compact everything is. If one spawns at the beginning of the round, it can throw you off the boat where you spawn by simply smashing their club.
- A Ticker is just as deadly. If one rushes, then the best option is to move out of the way and hope you aren't caught within its radius.
- Be careful when climbing the tower in the middle, as the fire at the very top damages you upon touch.
- Be aware of Diggers as they can knock you beyond the rig, into the water.
- Hoards form later on during the round and can be seriously deadly if they form around bottleneck points.
- The Cakepack, Duck Mount or Parasol can make for a quick getaway if you find yourself in a sticky situation at the top of the crane or tower.
- As with other cramped maps that have water underneath, be careful near the edge as you can easily be knocked off by Diggers.
- Diggers cannot dig on this map.
- This map is generally considered the sequel to Porta Coeli II.
- This is a remake of R2D's map: Oilrig.
- The water surrounding the map kills you instantly but, if you are fast enough, you can fall right through it without it killing you. (You still die though.)
- There are various, physical easter eggs hidden throughout the map, but they don't do anything.
- This is the only current map to not contain the Survival gamemode at any point in time, excluding Caved In.