Boss is a special Gamemode which involves the entire server having to kill a boss related to the current event or celebration. The boss usually has many strong attacks that can easily kill people. In turn, survivors have to work together to kill the boss before it kills them within a time limit.
- You only have a limited amount of times you can refill your gun. Expend it completely before going for a refill.
- Dying in this Gamemode will not get you any prizes if the Boss is defeated.
- Healing items are always a must when going into a Boss round.
- Booster items such as Candy Canes and Pine Juice will most likely be vital as well.
- Using the "give Boosterpad" command will not work in this game mode.
- In Chronos XI and King Cherrycake the Crabmine is banned.
- This was the second Gamemode released in R2DA with the first one being Original Survival.
- With that, this was also the first Exclusive Gamemode.
- This is also a returning Gamemode from R2D 2014.
- The first ever Boss was Yeti, who was only available during the Christmas 2015 event.
- Chronos XI is the first permanent Boss to be added.
- King Cherrycake is now the second permanent Boss.
- During Release 2016 and Halloween 2016, players could bring the Hammer to the Boss fight. Because it was heavily abused, it was removed from the gamemode entirely.
- When Chronos XI was released with the M939, player could spawn the M939 and could abuse it, because it would not be destroyed if the terrian underneath it was destroyed. It was therefore removed from Boss modes.
- The same applied to the Van.