AI Zombies are NPC entities that behave similarly to Normal Zombies. They take the appearance of your friends in ROBLOX, including terminated ones.
They can be found in the following maps and gamemodes:
- Foxriver Prison
- No Mercy
- Café County
- Blackfield Station
- Blox Harbor
- Campfire Chaos
- Outpost 21
- Dead Plaza II
- 1930's Kingstreet
- Dead Plaza II
- Bouri Rig 71
- Sunny Seaside
- Trick O' Threat Town
- Trenches (Debug only)
- Halloween Quest
- Pumpkinator's Bootcamp
- Tutorial Island
- Tutorial Island 2.0
- Rapid Infection (Any map, only if the player zombie count is less than six)
After many months of the survivors experiencing zombie attacks and their eventual decision to begin researching them, they found that there were actually two distinct types of normal infected.
One, a seemingly quite intelligent undead beast, where different specimens evolved differently than the rest over time and were able to get through difficult areas and obstacles to reach their target. These used to be far more common, but it seems that over time the SANI pathogen may have evolved or mutated to have two different forms!
The second was nicknamed the "AI Zombie" by researchers due to how robotic its movements were. Every single specimen was found to adapt in the same way, jumped with the same intervals in between jumps, and ran into doors and walls no matter how obvious a path was to their target. These became much more common over the many months of the apocalypse. One thing to note, however, is that these often are able to sprint at full speed for a much longer duration than the aforementioned, more intelligent version of normal infected. A popular scientific theory is that the body is redirecting brain power towards locomotion instead of balancing the undead's energy between problem-solving and movement. Other studies have also shown that zombies can switch between these modes quite fast.
One thing that stays in common, however, is that they aren't so dangerous alone, but in numbers, they are a horrific force to be reckoned with.
- Be aware, AI Zombies that sprint will be sprinting forever and will never run out of stamina.
- These are very deadly in Rapid Infection without the right strategy against them.
- They can be stopped dead in their tracks with an Ice Staff or Ice Gun. However, some will continue to attack you when frozen.
- These come in hoards most of the time, make sure to have good weapons to clear the hoard.
- These do not count towards the Arena kill count, neither do you need to kill them to progress.
- It is easy to trick AI Zombies into walking off the edge in some of the maps, such as Foxriver Prison. Use this if you can't deal with the horde of zombies and you're near the edge of the map.
- A good way to keep AI Zombies at bay is to use the Leadpipe or Flash. It will confuse them for quite a while
- Only PlaceRebuilder can use the "hoard" command, which spawns a bunch of AI Zombies.
- Unlike other NPCs, these give Party rewards.
- If an AI Zombie is currently taking damage from fire, its face will change, just like Normal Zombies.
- They used to take the appearance of your friends and yourself in ROBLOX, but this feature was broken in v1.2.3
- This was fixed in v1.2.9.
- The AI Zombie is one of the five AIs to give EXP as a reward.